Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    scoop neck cap sleeve blouse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

scoop neck cap sleeve blouse
 Login/Join

posted
Currently purchased quick sew and updated to 6.11 was printing out scoop neck blouse with cap sleeve noticed. The front peice has one sleeve marking, but the back only has one marking instead of two marks to line up sleeve. I did havn't problem before update.

Lona Dill

Posts: 5 | Location: Linn, Missouri | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.. Mine looks ok

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sleeve markings look okay.

I do have a question about this pattern though. When I print it out @ 25%, I noticed that the front shoulder seam is longer than the back shoulder seam (pieces don't match up...front is longer). I noticed this in 6.10 and it's still there is 6.11. I printed without seam allowances if that matters.

Does anyone have any ideas on why the pattern is doing this? I want to use a woven so I can't just stretch it to make it fit. If I use pencil in the difference should I make up the difference on the "sleeve" side or the "neckline" side?

Any ideas, help, opinions would be appreciated. I love the look of this pattern and have already washed my fabrioc to make it.

Thanks,

Michelle M.
Jacksonville, FL
DS 6.11 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Spring & Summer 2005 Collection
Sew Quick Summer Casuals
Dress Shop Fit Tool
Dress Shop Princess Designer
Dress Shop Illusions - Patterns for Real People
Dress Shop Essential Lingerie
Dress Shop Ultimate Pants
Pattern set #1022, #1042

DS 6.11 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Sew Quick Summer Casuals
Dress Shop Fit Tool
Pattern set #1022, #1042

Posts: 8 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about a cap sleeve raglan or a fitted with cap sleeves? Mine has two notch marks on the back but need to know exactly which pattern you chose to check. With all the patterns we have, sometimes it is confusing which one is meant.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Penquin,
Have you checked the ease if you are using a tight woven will the ease be enough. It does say it is a close fit pattern and needs 25 to 50 % stretch. Don't know if that is true exactly, but make sure before you cut into the fabric.

posted Hide Post
I am looking at the Scoop Neck Cap Sleeve Blouse under Blouse - Casual. I think this is from the new collection...Quick Summer Casuals maybe. It seems to have ease built into the pattern so I don't THINK I need a knit (stretch) fabric.

I am fairly new to DS though and am still figuring out the program.

Thanks,

Michelle M

DS 6.11 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Sew Quick Summer Casuals
Dress Shop Fit Tool
Pattern set #1022, #1042

Posts: 8 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hmm mine has single notch front, double notch back when you view in print scale 25% or full scale.

So I cant replicate this.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The scoop neck cap sleeve blouse lives in the casual fit menu, can be made from wovens and has casual ease, sides have optional vents, dont want em snip off the extensions.

The cap sleeve raglan is a close fit and does require stretch. is there maybe a little confusions between the two going on?

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That comes from having too many choices. Big Grin Did I say that? NO NO never enough choices. Yes confused by the name. Sometimes like I said we get confused by the names and it really is getting hard to get the correct pattern figured when people are asking about particular ones. Maybe we need to start naming the category, to,o so we can easier locate the pattern people are asking about. Like "in close fit blouses the stretch raglan surplice" etc. Sorry for the confusion.

posted Hide Post
Good catch.

we fixed that but it's reverted again.the neck was too wide, it was supposed to have a minimum of 2 inch "strap" which means a less wide neck.....on both front AND back.....
oops.reported!!!

Thank You
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Bear with me everyone, I'm still learning...and this software has so much to offer that there's a lot to learn. I looked up the scoop neck cap sleeve blouse (the casual fit that can be made with a woven) and now have a stupid question. How do you make it? There are no facings, at least none that I see. I couldn't find any directions using help-help index. Am I being really thick here?

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sew Quick collection is designed to be quick and easy.
The sleeves means there is no need for arm hole facings, and you have choices on a neck finish.

When you go to "print" the piece following the sleeve are the neck facings.
OR
Turn under top stitch and trim the excess at neck edge,or
serge and turn under, top stitch,or remove the seam allowance and add a self fabric bias trim and there is an article on self bias!, chanel, or even ribbing.

Your choice.

Dont forget the great articles in Help>Help Index as well as all the on line article links in help>on the web> sewing tips.

Tina Chester did a great article on how to finish a V neck which would be worth reading even though this neckline is not a V.

A reminder to all to decide if this neck width is RIGHT for you.

A for instance:I like a fairly narrow V neck.the cap sleeve raglan has a wide Vee neck.. I simply change neck type and or width to meet what I personally like.

Same goes for these scoop necks...they are nice and wide which is the au currant fashion....I like mine a little narrower.

Personal preference is still soemthing even on a quick sew you can make use of.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Penguin:
I am looking at the Scoop Neck Cap Sleeve Blouse under Blouse - Casual. I think this is from the new collection...Quick Summer Casuals maybe. It seems to have ease built into the pattern so I don't THINK I need a knit (stretch) fabric.

I am fairly new to DS though and am still figuring out the program.

Thanks,

Michelle M

Penguin
Sorry I didn't answer faster, but ben away. I used casual level went this happened.

Lona Dill

Posts: 5 | Location: Linn, Missouri | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at the new scoop neck blouse and noticed that the back hemline is not curved as the front. Is there an option to curve the back hem or must we use the ol pencil routine?

MPD 2 Pro, DS Pro with almost every feature and pattern collection

posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren. I guess I just didn't see the facings, will look again tonight. I didn't find anything useful on help-help index, but will try help-help on the web tonight. Unfortunately, we have dial up internet and so on the web help is not as accessible as it could be. Similarly, I have to go through a few contortions to download upgrades, fixes, purchases etc.

Thanks again.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post