Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Akkkkk!!!!!What did I do?!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Akkkkk!!!!!What did I do?!!
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone.

What have I done?!!!!!I was computer housecleaning earlier tonight and I was in add/remove programs in control panel getting rid of unwanted/unused stuff and came upon ds 6 family (2 copies)ds 6.06,.08,.09,.10, .11 + the 11 patch. Soooooo, you know what's coming...I removed all except 6.10, 6.11, and 6.11 patch. Then I realized what I did so I did a system restore, from before the deletion of above. But, that didn't bring it all back. Looked in my recycle bin and didn't see anything in there that could help me. When I open DS only a portion of the page (maybe 20 - 25%) comes up the rest is blank. It appears my files are still in tact incl. my meas. files (Thank God)I still have all those files in c:/programs/livingsoft/dressshop. I guess my question is how do I fix this? Do I d/l from website and if I do will I make this God awful blunder worse? I ask you what business did I have cleaning?!!!!!!!grrrrrrrr. I don't like cleaning, I like sewing!!!!!! Thanks in advance for the help I know you guys will give.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jane, you needthe full DS6 family download.
Take it, install it.
First make a copy of all those "MY " files..and make sure you have them all.

open ds make sure its there and working.
reboot your computer

Then take the latest download.
reboot your computer
Make sure you ahve all your codes- go to Help>on the web> retrieve codes and follow the instructions.your codes will appear then you must tell it to add your codes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kaaren

Okay soooo I have d/l the 6.11 master w/o pop ups on (they're always off) and antivirus and firewalls disabled and I can't get the setup wizard to "run". When I open DS all I am getting is 20-25% showing of the print page. I think that's what it is. I can see redraft bold letters. What am I doing wrong? I'm sorry for being such a pita.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think of it this way (it's not 100% correct but gives you an idea):
You started with 6.06 which loaded the whole program then each subsequent upgrade from 6.08 until 6.11 added and changed a few files.
You then uninstalled 6.06 to 6.09 which removed the base of the files installed so now you are only left with partial files.
Now you are trying to install a fresh complete 6.11 but the system 'knows' you already have some of 6.11 so it won't let you install the same again.

You can either contact LSNW support or I can tell you off list how you can fix this. Look under Go/My Space/ Private Messaging for a private message from me with my email address.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
contact support@livingsoftnw.com..
I should ahev sent you there first. Peggy `Sue can work miracles.make sure to give her your phone number and the best hours to call.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post