Find
Notify
Tools

Shell
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 16 September 2005 05:30 PM
No, I am 5'6" with bust measurement of 38...but large in the back and therefore I really notice when my tops hike up in the back...

Aahh so what we have in common is the large backs.

Jane, my shoulders seem to be perfect. I had someone come over yesterday just to double check.

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything is possible....I have to measure myself so who knows? I'll check it out again. Thanks for the heads up...(no pun intended)...

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi just reading your post here about the length problem,some time ago, I had this happen to me,it took trials and tests to get it right,i have 38b bust and 5ft 5" tall.Its quite a balancing act to get the front or back from Hiking,mine always shortened at the front constantly pulling it forward was a pain,this is what I did,I lengthened the front, and shortened the back,just 1/4" at a time, to get them balanced.Working with this in tools. I put the straight hem line on only,just played with it until I could see them balance,it is a fine balancing act too, plus counting grid lines, and allowance for the bust dart.My shoulder length was good too.Hope this helps you with that.Smiler

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jacqui the reason I think your shoulder position is off is because it seems like you front needs more length and thats why the back is hiking up. I would try what Freda suggested in a recent email.

I remember Kaaren I think saying that if something is hiking up, something isn't long enough someplace else. Sooooo, if your back is hiking up than it only stands to reason you front needs more length. Makes sense. Yes???
So if you shoulder position is in the right place remeasure your fulls. Or maybe your slopes. Make yourself a new chart so you can compare and visualize until you hear from someone who knows more about the program than I do. I am still struggling in certain places.

Hope this helps

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to give this some thought. I don't have a problem actually with anything 'hiking' it all seems to fit properly at the shoulers. what is actually happening is that the front is longer than the back. I wore the top for the whole day yesterday and except for having to take about 2 or so inchest off the front (3/4 of it being gentle curve) it didn't shift at all, which is what I would have thought would have happened if some number/measurement was out of wack...but I may be wrong. I will give her suggestion a try, and see what I can come up with. So I should add 1/4 inch to my full lenght back and the slope? is that what the suggestion is??/ hope I'm getting this right.
Thanks everyone for your time and suggestions
quote:
Jacqui the reason I think your shoulder position is off is because it seems like you front needs more length and thats why the back is hiking up. I would try what Freda suggested in a recent email.

I remember Kaaren I think saying that if something is hiking up, something isn't long enough someplace else. Sooooo, if your back is hiking up than it only stands to reason you front needs more length. Makes sense. Yes???
So if you shoulder position is in the right place remeasure your fulls. Or maybe your slopes. Make yourself a new chart so you can compare and visualize until you hear from someone who knows more about the program than I do. I am still struggling in certain places.

posted Hide Post
Freda: Could you email me privately at mstanford123@verizon.net and tell me in more detail how you did this? Thanks! Michelle in Texas

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jaqui: What I notice, if you use the Cool Ruler at 25% scale, and measure where the fold is on center...the front is always longer than the back. Now I know this is to accommodate the bust dart...but in the end, it still ends up shorter in the back on me. What you said about the hem not being LEVEL front to back, that is exactly what I face...the back being at least and inch shorter....

posted Hide Post
Hi Jacqui

I mistakenly wrote the reply to you instead of Michelle. Sorry about that.

posted Hide Post
TKUI I went into my "test" measurements and increased my back slope by 1", my full back 1" decreased my centre back 1" and changed my side lenght to make sure my sleeve was ok. I have printed out the shell and will give it a try today if I get time and if my arm co-operates. (was attacked by a dog 2 1/2 years ago, he ripped the muscles/tendons in my shoulder and I have developered RSD, so I have only limited use of my arm) I will let you know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed.

posted Hide Post
OUCH!!!! Jacqui That's terrible. Don't overdue.