Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    It works!! Imported my Own Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It works!! Imported my Own Designs
 Login/Join

<Arizona Kathy>
posted
It's been a long morning, reading and experimenting lots. To encourage others, it's working for me.

Updated DS7Pro and MPDPro to make sure I had most current versions.

Exported from DS7Pro both last night and this morning.

Clicked on Import in MPDPro7 Found all DS patterns predesigned ie DS developed, no problem

Went looking for my own designs. Got aggravated, thought not nice thoughts. Got more aggravated. Read more, started clicking buttons. Shut everything down. Did NOT each chocolate. Took Deep breath.

Reopened MPD7Pro.
Clicked on Import
Window reads Look in -- DS Patterns. Still can't find my designs. Take deep breath.
Click on DS Patterns bar.
See drop down list of folders.
Click on folder just above reading "mypatterns"

Doing this again, I'm noticing that the patters save in the folder "mypatterns"

VIOLA HAPPY DANCE.... THere are MY DESIGNS
Click on the one I want and just printed qtr scale.

To test my hypothesis. Closed MPDPro7 Went back into DSPro7 Created a new design. Did NOT do an export this time.

Opened import. Clicked on DSpatterns, found the tile of folders again, clicked on my patterns, and there is my fresh new design.

I've got the tools from DSPro7 and will have the fit from MPDPro7.

It works and I am NOT computer saavy....

Be encouraged any new folks or even frustrated long timers.

At this rate, maybe someday I'll be a Beta tester again. VERY HAPPY with this ability. I have familiarity of screen I know, and fit that is refined by MPD drafting code.

Have done it now 3 times and it's worked beautifully. AND, I've accomplished this while setting up a new computer which we all know is not fun.

If you've read this far. Simple version.

Create in DSPro7
Save with specific name
Close DSPro7 and open MPDPro7
Click Import.
Click on DSPatterns to get list of folders
Click on MyPatterns and there they are.

Next step for me is to learn how to open my own designs, make changes in MPD, save them and find that 'undefined' folder they are saving to.

Kathy B in AZ

Reply With QuoteReport This Post