Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Janes Pants Sloper yipee yipee
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Janes Pants Sloper yipee yipee
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all

I am using the v 6.11 fitted pants

This is the most excited I have been all week. Recently, I finally printed out the manual and had it spiral bound, and have been reading it some. (This is a good thing to do newbie's, it may not take you as long as me to get a decent sloper! <ggg>One of the things it said was to check measurements and I know I know Kaaren preaches that all the time. But I truly thought mine were correct or at least in the ball park.

If you remember I was the one with the jodhpur problem? Well, I tried everything but nothing seemed to work. So I read the manual and checked my measurements!!!! Turns out my hip measurement was approx. 9" too big!!!!!!! Nothing is ever too big on me usually just the opposite. Well, anyway I did a a 50%er and compared it to the last one I did (Thanks Tessa) and wow I thought this is gonna be it!!!! and it was! You should see the difference!!!! Yeaaaaa. They look so nice in the thigh area. Yipee! Yipee!
I do have two little problems still but I finally have a decent pant sloper since I have been too Kaaren's (3 -4 yrs ago)and a substantial weight gain.
My first tiny problem is I have a .75" fold horizontally in the back when sewing up the outseam that made sewing difficult. My FTWBConformed is 40.688,FTWFConformed is 40.25,FTWBStraight is 39.938, FTWFStraight is also 39.938. This seems strange to me, the only one that sounds right is 40.25 but they are from the wizard so.....I did change some measurements like the all important crotch meas., body depth, hip, abs & waist. I think I should change FTWBS to 39.375.
Also, I have about a .75" too long back crotch extension. If I minus .75" from the back and put it on the front do you think that will help the situation? Talk about difficult sewing!
I am sew excited!!! Thank you for listening.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post