Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Regarding your special offer...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Regarding your special offer...
 Login/Join

posted
I would love to take advantage of the special offer where I can purchase a pattern for half price. Here's my question...I would like to get a pattern for a mens casual shirt (like a womens version of a camp shirt, with long or short sleeve options). Nothing fancy. But I don't want to buy the entire mens design program. Do you offer individual mens patterns like you do for women?

Posts: 12 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would love to take advantage of the special offer where I can purchase a pattern for half price. Here's my question...I would like to get a pattern for a mens casual shirt (like a womens version of a camp shirt, with long or short sleeve options). Nothing fancy. But I don't want to buy the entire mens design program. Do you offer individual mens patterns like you do for women?

DS patterns are sold as collections. MPD is set up to allow individual pattern sales.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently have Dress Shop 7. I looked at MPD's pattern collections. I looked under "Menswear", but when I opened it I saw Mia! Am I looking at the wrong thing? Is it compatible with DS7? Thanks for your help! Marie

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I currently have Dress Shop 7. I looked at MPD's pattern collections. I looked under "Menswear", but when I opened it I saw Mia! Am I looking at the wrong thing? Is it compatible with DS7? Thanks for your help! Marie

You cannot use and load MPD patterns using Dress Shop. Dress Shop does not include the illustration art required, cannot know what options work with those patterns, and cannot draft them properly. If you wish to review MPd patterns, you need to run MPD. MPD patterns are not compatible with Dress Shop.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smiler Thank you very much for the "heads up" warning. I looked at the Dress Shop Mens Wear program. It has a lot of options...hmmm. I noticed that there is a womens and mens pattern drafting option. Does this mean I can access these patterns for me too? Hmmm...this is looking better and better (chefs jacket for my Food TV addiction). Also, is there any way to see a sample page from your new book, Fashion That Fits, and can I still use this book even if I have Dress Shop and not MPD? Thanks again!

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you very much for the "heads up" warning. I looked at the Dress Shop Mens Wear program. It has a lot of options...hmmm. I noticed that there is a womens and mens pattern drafting option. Does this mean I can access these patterns for me too? Hmmm...this is looking better and better (chefs jacket for my Food TV addiction). Also, is there any way to see a sample page from your new book, Fashion That Fits, and can I still use this book even if I have Dress Shop and not MPD? Thanks again!

The patterns that come in the Dress Shop Men's Wear Package can all be converted to women's fit and style options automatically using the included patter conversion tool. One click does it. Basically, you get both groups of patterns. But, you also get that tool which will help you concert other "women's" patterns into their male equivalent. Nothing extraorinary, but much easier than doing those changes by hand.

The directions and instructions included in the MPD Fashion That Fits book work equally well for any sewer, regardless of where your pattern came from. Some of the articles included are similar to those in the Dress Shop Help - Help Index area, with similar directions and photo illustrations. The Fashion That Fits book:

1. Adds many more articles.
2. Has had all the articles edited, updated, and improved.
3. Puts it all in a single printed place that you can take with you to your sewing room if the computer is not right there.
4. Provides it all in a spiral bound, large paper package that lies flat and is easy to read and access while you are working.

I'll add a sample "chapter" that can be downloaded for review to the Fashion That Fits web page. Good suggestion!

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post