Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Activewear - skating dress
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Activewear - skating dress
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to get the waistline on the skating dress to be a "vee" in front and in back rather than straight across. I am a competitive roller skater, and nobody wears the straight across style. I have DS 6 Pro (will be upgrading to 7), and have never been able to figure out how to do this. I have figured out how to change the bottom of the skirt into the "vee".

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was wondering if it is possible to get the waistline on the skating dress to be a "vee" in front and in back rather than straight across. I am a competitive roller skater, and nobody wears the straight across style. I have DS 6 Pro (will be upgrading to 7), and have never been able to figure out how to do this. I have figured out how to change the bottom of the skirt into the "vee".

There is a vee waist setting for skirts. It is in the Options menu. But, it has two limitations with what you were asking about:

1. It only effects the front waistline. It was put in for the basque waisted blouses and certain two piece dresses that had a vee-hem blouse mated with a vee waist skirt. Front only.

2. That setting really messes up the leotard part of the skating outfit.

This setting was really intended for the waisted dresses. I'll look at what it would take to get it working better with the skating outfit and let you know shortly....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

The skating outfit is an unusual pattern, including one part (the leotard part) that is both an upper and lower body garment, plus the separate skirt part (lower body only). Many of the adjustment settings for the lower body pattern pieces were getting applied to both of those pattern pieces and that worked poorly.

I have untangled that so that skirt settings now will apply only to the skirt, even if drafted at the same time as a swimsuit or leotard pattern.

There were other problems with the skating outfit - some other skirt shaping options were not available, the vee waist setting was only effecting the front waist line, and some of the illustrations were improper. I believe I have these all corrected now and you can get those changes in the next update, or by installing this patch:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/builds/DS7_01a.exe

As with any Livingsoft patch file, after you download the file, select "Run" to unzip the patch. If your Dress Shop program was not installed in the default folder location, be sure to correct the "Unzip To" folder location appropriately.

Hope these changes are what you were looking for...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post