Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    message sending failures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

message sending failures
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Joan. Below is the text of the first message I tried to send from my email address [+ pics], which was failed by Mailer Daemon, as was the second [- pics]. They are ready to send but I don't know how via DS.

Thanks for your prompt reply and for the info about the book. I saw it on Kindle at Amazon.

I find that when I take a pinch of fabric out of the centre back seam, about halfway down from my waist, the leg wrinkles disappear.
Too much fabric in the back crotch seam?
When I reduced the f/w conformed it didn't reduce the seam where needed, but dropped the back waist down instead. I watched it happen on screen.
The f/w side measurements are good.

How do I get the pics to you?

Thanks so much for your support ...

Regards Janette

p.s. I have MPD but don't use it, so far, preferring Dress Shop.
Which do you use, and which do you find easiest to use?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 21 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Janette,
I'm usually a quiet bystander for these posts, but maybe try decreasing back hip measurement the equivalent of the pinch you took out of the back seam....if it was a vertical pinch that is.
Otherwise decrease the contoured back length by that much.
It was once explained to me, that the program basically takes the back length, subtracts the inside leg length, and then has to fit the rest of the contoured length into what is left: for example inside leg length 26", contoured back length 37 3/4"...that leaves 11 3/4" of seam to fit 12 1/2" of length into the crotch seam--which causes the curve (because the contoured back length measures only the beginning of the crotch curve of the back seam before continuing the vertical drop to the floor).
Hope this helps rather than confuses more.
Lettie

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Janette, I thought my e-mail address would appear with my post. Guess not! You will have to send pictures to me at:

sewknit@ca.astound.net

You can't send attachments on the message board.

Joan

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Lettie - and many thanks for getting back to me. Your explanation made a lot of sense but I shall have to think about them before putting them into practice. The old brain slows down with age!
The back pinch was horizontal, so I shall go back to my chart and play with the measurements and see what happens.
I have had other suggestions, so it will be interesting to see the outcome. I'm not sure whether you all see all my emails, or if they're private!
I'll be in touch in due course. Best wishes. Jancie / Janette

Posts: 8 | Registered: 21 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post