Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Installing on a New Computer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing on a New Computer
 Login/Join

posted
I have a cd for Dress Shop 6 and a cd for My Pattern Designer 1.03 which I can install. I know that there have been several updates which I have on my old computer. Will I be able to bring updates to the present versions? Thanks for any help. I also have patterns in MY Pattern Designer and Measurements. Susan Dickson

Posts: 6 | Registered: 13 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a cd for Dress Shop 6 and a cd for My Pattern Designer 1.03 which I can install. I know that there have been several updates which I have on my old computer. Will I be able to bring updates to the present versions? Thanks for any help. I also have patterns in MY Pattern Designer and Measurements.

There are eight steps (a couple may not be needed, but I'm including everything that you MIGHT need) to get everything you are looking for here:

1. Install Dress Shop and MPD on your new computer.

2. Get the most recent Dress Shop update from the Livingsoft web site and install that. It will include every prior update.

3. In Dress Shop, use the Help - On The Web - Get My Activation Codes. That will restore all patterns and product activations for what you have purchased.

4. IF you have Dress Shop measurements that you wish to move over and you do not wish to retype them, you will need to move this file over (network connection or floppy disk copy):

c:/Program Files/Livingsoft/DressShop/MyDSMeasurements.txt

5. Install the most recent MPD update next. The current version there is 1.05.

6. Use the File - Settings - Activate or Restore option to restore all of your MPD patterns and activations. That will also rebuild all of your default saved patterns.

7. IF you have personalized patterns (with changes you made yourself and you do not wish to lose or rebuild), you will need to move from your old computer to the new one, this folder and everything in it (there may be many files in it):

c:/Program Files/My Pattern Designer/MPD/MyPatterns/Womens

8. To get all of your MPD measurement to the new system, you will need to copy this folder and all the files within it:

c:/Program Files/My Pattern Designer/MPD/MyMeasurements

That should be everything. Hope that gets you going...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post