Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question Bob
 Login/Join

posted
I have spent the last few minutes working with the formulas you set out for checking waist indent for upper body waist and lower body waist.
1. I have assumed when you said Floor to Waist Front - to use the straight and not the conformed. Yes?
For me, the upper back and front do match but when I did the calculations including the shoulder drop for the lower body waist, I missed the upper body waist by 2 1/4".
So, then as you said, the program assumes both to be the same, I popped into a RTW Misses standard chart and calculated the same set of measurements but used the standard 14Top/18Bottom. They don't match either. I got I think [paper I am reading from is full of chicken scratchs] is 18 7/16 for the upper waist and 17 3/16 for lower waist.
Maybe I am doing my math wrong. Would not be the first time.
Could you check the Misses RTW 14/18 and see what you get?
Duckie

DS Pro 6.13 --
with everything,
Hat Shop,
Home Dec,
IE 6.0.2800,
Win XP SP1,
HP Deskjet 6800 wireless

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hang on.

We have enough data to build a method for users to make an adjustment for themselves.

KNOWING how different your actual waist shaping is from what you desire will make the adjustment very very simple and quick.

Expect a release of the test patch soonish..

There will be an accompanying article with graphics to assist you.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren
Duckie

DS Pro 6.13 --
with everything,
Hat Shop,
Home Dec,
IE 6.0.2800,
Win XP SP1,
HP Deskjet 6800 wireless

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post