Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

raglan sleeves
 Login/Join

posted
I know there was a problem with the raglan sleeve in the new summer collection and that's now been fixed but there still appears to be a problem with the raglan sleeve in another pattern.

The one I was looking at was the unfitted shell with the raglan sleeve option. The pattern shows a v ( like a v neck )in the top of the sleeve. Is this being fixed or should I report it as a bug?

Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are TWO types of raglans.The one you mention above which is a classic raglan with a shoulder dart which can be made in just about any fabric.

and
The stretch Raglan which has no internal darting.

The stretch raglan for best effect requires at least a little bit of stretch so you dont get "wings" at the actual shoulder point.

Minimum stretch would be 3% best is 15% or greater.

They are quite simply different6 sleeve designs!

The stretch raglan is not offered on every garment.

The classic raglan is the sleeve being offered as "raglan"for the unfitted shirt.

The stretch raglan came out about a year ago and is in several collections and is not part of the "core" offerings of sleeves

I hope this answers your question... the problem we had with raglans came about due to the flag removal on over long across chest/ back measurements release of Sew Quick and was promptly fixed in a patch.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clear explanation Kaaren,
I hadn't realised that there were two types.

Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post