Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Got MPD sloper need DS sloper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got MPD sloper need DS sloper
 Login/Join

<Anna R>
posted
I have both program Pro.Now that I have my MPD torso sloper done.I need some guides on how to do my DS torso sloper. First do I need to make another sloper in DS or can I change the measurement from MPD to DS? I know that both program draft differntly so I am not sure want I am suppose to do?I do not have correct measurement in DS or even made a sloper in DS but, I did get my measurement from DS to make my MPD sloper.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Anna: I'm confused. Why would you want to make a sloper in MPD AND DS? Most of us did the DS sloper and when MPD came out we used the same measurements for MPD, and if our DS sloper still fit, we left it at that. I think if you MPD sloper fits as you want it to...you should be able to stop there and call it a day. I may be wrong...but I'm pretty sure the slopers are not that different from each other.

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anna you only need the DS slopers to fit correctly,once done then you may import DS measurements from MPD & do this from the file menu in MPD only.
The only change should be the pants crotch area. MPD that doesn't use the body depth,this has been replaced, by a European fit in the crotch area.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Anna R>
posted
I never made a sloper in ds because mpd came out and it was easier to fine tune the fit in mpd than ds. I asked the question which sloper I should do first and Kaaren said mpd so that is what I did. Now I need to fine tune the ds sloper so I can use both programs. The only area I changed on my mpd is in the arm area. DO I just change the number in the ds measurement chart then print out both slopers and then conpare? Or do I need to make another sloper from ds and fine tune it that way?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I never made a sloper in ds because mpd came out and it was easier to fine tune the fit in mpd than ds. I asked the question which sloper I should do first and Kaaren said mpd so that is what I did. Now I need to fine tune the ds sloper so I can use both programs. The only area I changed on my mpd is in the arm area. DO I just change the number in the ds measurement chart then print out both slopers and then conpare? Or do I need to make another sloper from ds and fine tune it that way?

I believe that if you enter your MPD measurements into Dress Shop, that you will need to work on only two areas to get similar slopers. They are:

1. Back Armhole depth in DS. This is handled by a delicate balance between Armhole Depth and Side Length. MPD does not bother use Side Length for this purpose, so it may need adjusting in DS. Just change it until the armhole depths match what you had in MPD.

2. Crotch curve edits. Most of the Dress Shop pants are developed from the Fitted Pants pattern. MPD pants are developed from the Slim Fit pants pattern. Crotch edits that worked for one will not work for the other. You will have to start over there.

I believe that the rest of the measurement sets are compatible. Not positive, though...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Anna R>
posted
Bob,
I was hoping that is all I have to adjust is the arm hole area in DS.I already fix the pant sloper crotch in MPD in class with Kaaren but haven't touched DS. I will be making pants slopers in both program.