Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Corselette/Mock Corsets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corselette/Mock Corsets
 Login/Join

posted
I have seen another thread (2009) which suggested using an Elizabethan one-piece swimsuit as the basis for the corset. Anyone know if Dress Shop 9 might have a better match for creating corset tops, corselettes with light boning, and underbust/cinchers (light boning)?

I know there are resources online that might provide corset patterns, but I guess I have become a bit too attached to the flexibility of Dress Shop (alternate sizing, plus sizing).

Posts: 9 | Registered: 23 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi you can build a resonable facsimile.

Start with load Blouse>fitted
Neck options bare shoulder
Ease tool> now this depends on fabric being used. form fit if wovens, stretch factor if stretch fabric. in general 30-40%
Shaping curved to point for Vee waist,
length adjustments.
You will have to mark lines for boning.
I would select the dart lines closest to center.
side seams if just 6 bones.
adjust placket width to your hook tape width plus 1/8th.
Cut lining 1/8th in smaller
use 1/4 or 3/8th inch seam allowance AND 3/8" hem and neck.
MUSLIN FIrst
Have FUN
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post