New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bob ? on Fit
 Login/Join

posted
Bob,
I have a question, at what build did you change the balance of the patterns.I was looking at an old DS 6.06 Casual Fitted shirt.The balance was right on, the meas extended out from the blade giving me a good armhole fit.
Now looking at my new patterns all of the ease has shifted to the under arm giving me an extended armhole.
Im not a rable rouser just trying to get the skinny on whats going on.
laurra

Posts: 104 | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a question, at what build did you change the balance of the patterns.I was looking at an old DS 6.06 Casual Fitted shirt.The balance was right on, the meas extended out from the blade giving me a good armhole fit.
Now looking at my new patterns all of the ease has shifted to the under arm giving me an extended armhole.
Im not a rable rouser just trying to get the skinny on whats going on.
laurra

Sorry, Laura, but I don't really have an answer for you. First, I am not sure what you are asking. When was the balanced changed? Are you asking about front versus back ease amounts, perhaps? There have been changes over the years in back ease, front bust ease, back bust ease, armhole ease, shoulder extension amounts, and many others that could effect the resultant armhole shape. I really do not know which of those might be what you are referring to.

And, I probably would not know the answer anyway. Every update includes 20-30 major changes and you are asking about what has changed since January of 2005, 12 updates back in Dress Shop, not to mention the fact that we wrote MPD from scratch and have now done 5 updates on it in that time period as well. I just cannot remember every change in every version and when each was done.

There is a file in your Dress Shop folder called DSChanges.htm that lists many of the changes included in each version. Small items (which unfortunately may include things like moving some of the bust ease from front to back) are not listed. Every update includes around 20-30 listed changes, plus others that occur during the testing phase of each update. Some of those get listed. Some do not.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,
Thank you for your fast reply! Is there a way to go back to DS 6.06 by removing some updates.
I can tell you the current draft has changed. Ds 6.06 armholes where much smaller in width and the Front bust meas was evenly distributed between under arm and extended to Cf nicely.
I tryed a work around by reducing bust but that is not helpful because I would have to extend CF and change bust span for armhole to be in a basic range.My own meas are not out landish either.
If you want me to call the offices Mon I will because as you know I love my pattern softwear thanks BOb laurra

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you for your fast reply! Is there a way to go back to DS 6.06 by removing some updates.
I can tell you the current draft has changed. Ds 6.06 armholes where much smaller in width and the Front bust meas was evenly distributed between under arm and extended to Cf nicely.
I tryed a work around by reducing bust but that is not helpful because I would have to extend CF and change bust span for armhole to be in a basic range.My own meas are not out landish either.
If you want me to call the offices Mon I will because as you know I love my pattern softwear thanks BOb laurra

If you have kept an older version, you certainly may use it if you wish. We absolutely do not recommend it as you will get no service or support for versions that include problems that have been corrected in later versions. The fit of the current build is better than what came before. It certainly is not the same, and any measurment adjustments that were done to overcome the limitations of earlier versions may not be the same as what is needed now. So, if your build 6.06 version required a wider across back measurement to make it work, that may not be needed now that the designs have been fixed to correct that former fit issue. That means you may have to redo your measurements to get the same fit now that you were getting then.

But, it also means that newer users will not have to go through what you did to make that older build work. Good for them. Not as good for you as you will need to revise your measurements to account for the changes.

Phoning the office will not help. Livingsoft does not distribute discontinued versions any more than Microsoft would wish to sell you Windows 98.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob,
thanks for the tip Luckily I ordered the Cd I will see how it goes. laurra

posted Hide Post
The question isnt clear, which casual shirt the shirt, the shell or any other in the casual blouse menu and if you are talking arm hole depth or bust ease.

The casual fit DS shirt hasnt changed in aeons. Neither has the casual shell. Consider that a very simple change of measurements in one place has possible effects in many others.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post