Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Printing patterns in Dress Shop 9.09
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Printing patterns in Dress Shop 9.09
 Login/Join

posted
I have been trying all day to print a pants pattern out of Dress Shop version 9.09. I have run into 2 glaring problems: 1) I can't create a pattern and save it, then reload it and print it and 2) when I print pattern pieces, some parts are missing. To be specific: the jeans pattern extras (pocket, zipper fly) the right side of the pattern pieces doesn't print.

I'm hoping someone has answers to these problems. I have not had this problem with previous versions of the software.

Marilyn

Posts: 3 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted this question on May 4. I have not yet received a response. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Marilyn

Posts: 3 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Marilyn, I can't help you but just wanted to tell you that Kaaren is recovering from surgery & isn't on here very often. Hope someone can help you.
Bobbieann

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also having a printing issue with Dress Shop 9.09. Problem number one the program would not recognize my printer, when I go to printer set up it would not accept it even though on my computer it was set up as the default printer. I deleted the other devices ( I did this because this laptop is basically used for my sewing and embroidery programs. I am running Windows 7 on this laptop.). Dress Shop Version 9.09 recognized the printer. This program will not let me change the page setup to 8.5x11 inch it only prints ou Youkei 6.98x190mm. When I print out pattern peices each page has a small part of the pattern printed out. For example front leg pattern will print out on 25 sheets of paper. I sent a problem report. You should to to page where you having your problem and go to help option to sent a problem report. This help livingsoft programers can see the page where you are having problems.

Good Luck

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this will help - I have a Wide Format HP Officejet 7000 that can take up to 13 x 44 inch paper. After re-installing Win 8.1, and having the latest IE 11.0.96.xxxxxx found that I was unable to set Custom paper in HP options, or get the settings from Print Server Properties - biggest Paper I could use was A4 (Australian Settings).
After many hours I found that by downloading & installing the latest HP Universal Driver, making default, then setting the actual Printer Option in DS to HP OJ7000 I have been able to set the paper to the desired custom sizes and print as desired. If I change any settings - ie choose the Universal driver print option in print menu, I find that I can select paper size, but all that happens is a blank page feeds through, then the printer just sits there......
So whilst it is a roundabout method, it works.
Hopefully you have a printer & system that can be fooled into something similar.

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohannaK:
I am also having a printing issue with Dress Shop 9.09. Problem number one the program would not recognize my printer, when I go to printer set up it would not accept it even though on my computer it was set up as the default printer.

Johanna did also send in a problem report, but as it stated that others on the forum were having problems printing with version 9.09 that were not happening with earlier versions, I thought it best to reply here.

First, some simple facts about Dress Shop and printing. Dress Shop does not handle printing. There are enumerable printers out there and supporting them all is way too big a task for a small firm like ours, so we use Internet Explorer and Windows for printing. Dress Shop resides within Internet Explorer. When you try to print or setup your page size, Dress Shop simply calls IE and Windows functions and they put up the dialog boxes as well as handling the spooling and hardware interface.

All versions of Dress Shop have handled printing this way and we are not going to change that. There is absolutely zero difference relating to printing between version 9.09 and prior versions. Period.

So, why would you see anything change? Unfortunately, there are many possibilities. You may have:
  • Updated Windows
  • Updated Internet Explorer
  • Got a new computer
  • Got a new printer
  • Installed a new printer driver
  • Installed other software that altered your printer driver

What should you do about printer issues such as your desired paper size not being listed? First, you should get an updated printer driver from the printer maker. They should be available by free download from the manufacturer. New printers ship with marginal drivers that are immediately updated as users complain about cases that do not work. So, the latest download driver may be better than what came on the CD with the printer.

The next thing you should do is be certain which printer is the system default. When you access the Page Setup in Dress Shop, it will display the paper options for the default printer. If you have several printers, you will not see the paper options for the others. Unfortunately, that Page Setup dialog is a Windows box and we cannot add options to it to select different printers at that time. It is what Microsoft provides.

The paper size that Johanna mentioned in her report was Youkei 6.98 by 190mm. This is an envelope size. Why her printer driver would only offer an envelope size is certainly not known to us nor anything we can do anything about. That is something between the printer maker, the printer driver installed, Internet Explorer, and Windows. Somewhere in there a solution may exist, but there is nothing whatsoever that Livingsoft can do about any printer, any driver, and any list of paper sizes offered.

Any presumptions that Livingsoft has changed something in Dress Shop related to printing dialog boxes and what appears in their list of paper sizes is simply wrong. We have made no such changes and never intend to. Printer manufacturers are just too difficult for a company like ours to work with directly and we will continue to leave that to Microsoft. Sorry...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post