Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Pants Sloper needs adjustments. Suggestions Please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pants Sloper needs adjustments. Suggestions Please
 Login/Join

posted
I am almost there on my Pants sloper (fitted pants) My side seams are back too far (1 1/4" on each side) What is the method of moving inches from front to back in the mean time add about 1" total to the hip F/B? Right now my hip front meausurement is larger than my hip back. I think my assistant just missed the center when marking. After reading and re-reading the text from the Pants Class, I am beginning to get the big picture of how the measurements react to one another. I just don't want to do anything dumb. I made a copy of the measurements and renamed it so I can experiment with it.
I had a very patient DH (Engineer/AutoCad Inventor user) that spent about 2 hours marking a measuring me and my fit is very good. There are some minor tweeking to be done,
but first of all I need to move this seam forward.
I have some dart issues, but I hope the class tomorrow will help with this.

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Dress Shop Essential Patterns for Girls

Posts: 21 | Location: Stranded at Grand Lake in NE Okla. | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Tina>
posted
To move the side seams forward 1.25 inches on both left and right sides....ADD 2.5 inches to BACK Waist, ab and hip and SUBTRACT 2.5 inches from FRONT waist, ab, and hip..

This is if the side seam is too far back at the waist, ab, and hip lines....

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tina! I have been playing with the copy of the file I made and that is exactly what I did. I think I am catching on.

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Dress Shop Essential Patterns for Girls

Posts: 21 | Location: Stranded at Grand Lake in NE Okla. | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Tina>
posted
Good for you...it really does get easier the more you use itSmiler

Reply With QuoteReport This Post