Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Help -- pattern printing out GIANT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help -- pattern printing out GIANT
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all!
Have just entered all my measurements and tried to print my first full-size pattern, and something is very wrong.

It prints out, I kid you not, HUGE. Half the bodice (one pattern piece) is at least 4 feet across.

I have checked my measurements several times. I have made sure they're in inches. (At first I put them in as inches but the program was set to centimeters, oops.)

Any ideas? I've used this before to print tiny patterns for dolls, and it has worked beautifully, so I'm quite confused. Any help is appreciated!

thanks,
Kimmerie

Posts: 6 | Location: Burlington, MA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<LivingSoft Support>
posted
Hi Kimmerie,

Please load your measurements and draft the pattern, then submit a problem report and I'll take a looK.

PeggySue,
Tech Support

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you, I will! (just did, in fact)

to fix it I opened a "standard size" set of measurements and then replaced those with my measurements, saved as new, and redrafted. That worked.

The only thing I can think of that might have caused it is that I entered the measurements the first time in inches but the options were set to centimeters. When I realized that I changed the options to inches, which converted all my measurements, so I overwrote them with the right numbers again. Could that be it?

thnsk,
Kimmerie

Posts: 6 | Location: Burlington, MA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you set your page set up under File to match your printer settings?

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think so... or at least I didn't change it from when I had printed doll-size patterns and they worked okay. Is there something specific I should look for?

It even displays huge. It comes out 10 columns and 8 rows.

quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Did you set your page set up under File to match your printer settings?

Kaaren

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
to fix it I opened a "standard size" set of measurements and then replaced those with my measurements, saved as new, and redrafted. That worked.

The only thing I can think of that might have caused it is that I entered the measurements the first time in inches but the options were set to centimeters. When I realized that I changed the options to inches, which converted all my measurements, so I overwrote them with the right numbers again. Could that be it?

Hi there,

This is probably old news now, but I am wading through a backlog of posts from the past few weeks and had a thought on this one. In the full measurement chart dialog, there is a selection to specify that the measurement set is a doll or a person. If you select doll and enter person measurements, you will get a very large pattern. Easy to miss...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post