Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Update Download, List of Changes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update Download, List of Changes
 Login/Join

posted
Prior to the website changes just announced, there was a link next to the Update Download button that provided a list of changes in the current update. That is not there now. Will it be back, or does that mean we have to go to the Groupee Board to view the list of changes?

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prior to the website changes just announced, there was a link next to the Update Download button that provided a list of changes in the current update. That is not there now. Will it be back, or does that mean we have to go to the Groupee Board to view the list of changes?

Hi Diane,

I just missed that link. But, now that you ask, I'm not sure that it is helpful. There have been posts lately about how buggy each update is. From the viewpoint of the test and development staff, our current build is the best version that has ever existed of Dress Shop. The bug reports we have had since 6.13 were released have been both few and relatively innocuous. I know that those that report anything do believe what they see is serious and we do take all reports seriously. But, issues that effect a very few users or issues that effect very few patterns are less critical than those that effect many and prior builds have always had more issues than this current one does.

While there have been new issues introduced upon occasion, there have also been many other issues improved or corrected. In balance, every build is better than the prior ones. That view is not as apparent to those that just read the lists and worry about whether or not they should risk taking an update.

The list of all changes since forever encourages misconceptions. I don't really think providing that list all the time is helpful.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post