New
Find
Notify
Tools

Importing DS to MPD
 Login/Join

<Arizona Kathy>
posted
Have upgraded to Pro7 and have current update 7.02?

Have created and saved a patten in DS. How do I learn the process of importing that pattern into MPD.

All new downloads, I saved all installs to defaults.

Have been reading help files on both DS and MPD.

Thanks for help.

Kathy in AZ
MPD Pro, DS Pro 7 Windows xp pro Dell laptop

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
To move patterns from Dress Shop to My Pattern Designer, run Dress Shop and select File - Export Patterns. Every pattern you own will be converted to Dress Shop format and saved as a loadable pattern. Then, run MPD. Select File - Import pattern. You SHOULD see a folder that has all of your Dress Shop file types, with the actual files inside them. If you do not, check File - Settings to be sure your Dress Shop folder location is correct.

Far as I know, that's all there is to it.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Arizona Kathy>
posted
YIPPPEEEE, Thank you for the quick answer. AND, I found Kaaren's article about how the process works. I was missing the export key.

Again, THANK YOU... looks like so many new options and so many new things to learn.

Y'all have come a long way since I worked with Illusions.

Kathy B in AZ

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To find the answers to many of your questions asked now and to be asked click on the Dress Shop Topics and click FIND , enter the search term "export DS" and find a bazzilion posts to answer all your questions without having to wait for a reply.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post