Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Teflon brain has struck again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teflon brain has struck again
 Login/Join

posted
Since My original dress shirt pattern won't run in DS 8 I need to make a new pattern. I've input my new measurements to account for the 60 lbs I got rid of but the neck opening is a little bit too large and I don't remember the adjustment method for it.

Thanks

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heres the concept- The across shoulder minus 2 x shoulder length = neck opening width.

So either slightly reduce the *across shoulder, or slightly increase shoulder length. As your neck may have actually gotten thinner with that much fantastic weight loss I would go for shoulder length first.

Depth is controled by the waist to neck base at center front and center back. To decrease depth lengthen slightly center front or center back.

*IF Changing across shoulder I would double check across chest and across back to keep them in balance.

Oh and congratulations on your achievment!!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post