Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Dress Shop 6.17 update and princess patterns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dress Shop 6.17 update and princess patterns
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,

I have received several reports regarding bulges in the side seam of princess line patterns drafted using the DS 6.17 update. Several of these reports did involve a design flaw that was missed and others did not.

For the ones that were a design error, we do have a patch file that corrects that case. It happened whenever the bottom of the armhole was rotated far enough that it drafted below the bust reference line. In that case, the program's attempt to get the proper width at bust level failed and the side seam did balloon outwards. The patch corrects that case. The patch can be found here:

Dress Shop 6.17 patch

There were several other reports, however, that related to the fact that the side seam is now narrower at the armhole than it was in prior builds. The curve, from bust width to a narrower armhole also looks like a bulge, but in fact is a removal of fabric above the bust mound, which should produce a closer fit there than before. This curve does make the pattern slightly wider just below the bust in some cases (depends on measurements, of course). That extra width is generally small and can be adjusted or controlled using:

1. Waist dart center position (raise them a bit).
2. Armhole ease (reduce the ease to bring the top of the side seam up - that flattens it some).
3. Bust ease (reduce that a bit and the side seam comes in.

There are other adjustments that can be made, but let's start with these. The point is that this excess is adjustable or controllable while the excess fabric at the armhole was not. We hope that anyone that needs an adjustment here can work it out with the tools that are there at this time.

And, if you do have the more severe bulge that the rotated armhole bottom could cause, do get the patch file and it should work much better.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Entered code to activate the new Spring 2006 Collection - got the message "you have activated the Kidswear". How can I get the correct code.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Entered code to activate the new Spring 2006 Collection - got the message "you have activated the Kidswear". How can I get the correct code.

That was the correct code. The Kidswear product was one we put on hold and released the Spring Collection in its place. The message apparently did not get updated properly. I'll get that fixed.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post