Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Re: Not getting email offers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Not getting email offers
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
This isn't the first time I've noticed this.

I just purchased a MPD pattern collection. Immediately after the purchase was complete, I went into my Acct details. Both boxes for notification were unchecked. They had both been checked last week when I looked at my acct.

Is there something in the purchase process that is resetting the notification boxes to unchecked? If so, you're losing contact for the next offer with the very people who are most susceptible to this form of marketing.

I'm sorry that it has taken so long to get back about this topic. A problem with email notifications was found and has now been corrected. We have been trying to figure out who was effected by this problem so we could correct the customer account files and that has proven impossible. This note is about what happened, what we are doing about it, and what more you might wish to do.

WHAT HAPPENED:

Some time back (it may have been months or years), a bug in the online web store code used by both Livingsoft and MPD occurred. When a purchase was made, that customer's account was updated. This was needed to trigger email of the activation code needed and to record ownership of the newly purchased product. That part worked properly. But, the account update did not update the current state of the email notifications. Those were set to off (no notification), regardless of their prior state. This meant that anyone that bought a product online would not receive any further email offers thereafter. That was very un-good and certainly caused lost sales and unhappy customers who were not getting the notices they had asked for. Unfortunately, there is no way now to tell which customers had their emails disabled by this bug and which ones chose to turn email notifications off intentionally.

WHAT WE ARE DOING NOW:

A new mailing is going out now to everyone with email notifications turned on as well as anyone that MIGHT have been effected by this problem. Those that expected email offers and have not been getting them should get this one. We hope. However, there might be others that intentionally turned off their email notifications and they may also get this offer. We are excluding any customers that we have a record of complaints about receiving unwanted emails, but the records of that may be incomplete.

We are NOT changing the current setting of the email notifications in anyone's account. That is against the various rules regarding bulk email and spam and so we must leave it to you to change those settings if you wish. If you want to receive offers and have not been getting them reliably in the past, do please go to the web site and visit "Your Account" to check your email notification preferences once more time. The bug in the online web store has been corrected and we believe that these settings will not get changed by the system in the future. At least that is what I have been told and sincerely hope happens. The testing we have done looks like all is working properly now. We shall see...

We have reviewed all the offers that have gone out this past year and the current offer is the best of the lot. So, if you did not get the earlier offers, we do hope that the current one will provide the opportunity for any purchase you have been holding off on.

In any case, we are all very sorry for the bolluxed up email notifications and whatever discomfort or annoyance has been caused because it took so long to figure out and correct.
quote:
quote:

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When are the emails going to be sent? I have checked all the boxes to receive email offers and am looking forward to receive the offer this time. I make sure the boxes are checked but never seem to get the email offers. My ISP doesn't have a spam filter of any kind so they are not being blocked.
Penny Hancock

Posts: 7 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post