Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    High back neckline and sloping shoulders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High back neckline and sloping shoulders
 Login/Join

posted
Dear Kaaren, I need your help.

I have the latest DS 9.0.
I need help for a very high back neckline, which falls above the neck bump, and rather sloping shoulders. When I increased the back length and the center length to increase the “waist-to-neckline” and to take care of the sloping shoulders, I end up with a wider back neckline, which I certainly don’t want. Changing the shoulder length one can adjust this. But by doing so, it now alters the front neck’s width, which was originally fine and now is much smaller.

My questions are.

1) Does one have to create two separate patterns then, each with a different shoulder length? Namely, one for the front and one for the back to resolve this neckline issue?

2) How would that affect then the shoulder seam, when one stitches together the shoulder seams?

3) Is there another simpler alternative?

Thank you Kaaren in advance for your expert advice on this issue.
Awaiting your response,

with warm regards,

Alexandra (Sandi) Athanassiou

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post