Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How tight should my pants sloper be?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How tight should my pants sloper be?
 Login/Join

posted
After years of not much Dress Shop Activity, I have gone back to basics and recreated a pants sloper which I'm hoping I will finally get right (have never got it right before).
I had some issues with too much fabric at the front and have made adjustments to the inseam, crotch lengths and the crotch front & back extensions etc.
My sewn up sloper I think is a massive improvement on what I had. Am wondering though, I still have a little bit of fabric at the front and back (back I'm thinking because I dont have much of a bottom, am very flat there).
Does anyone have a photo they could send me of what my sloper should look like?
Should it be really tight everywhere?
Feel free to email me a picture (if you cant upload them to this forum) to saltmann@internode.on.net
Thanks heaps in advance
Sonja

Posts: 5 | Location: Fremantle WA | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My sewn up sloper I think is a massive improvement on what I had. Am wondering though, I still have a little bit of fabric at the front and back (back I'm thinking because I dont have much of a bottom, am very flat there).

Does the back gape at the waist?/ If so can you adjust the center back waist dart? on a slim fit pant draft and see how that feels?

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kaaren
Thanks but no there is not a back gap at the waste. The extra fabric is around the bottom and a little left at the front crotch area.
I had a lot there and I fiddled with the crotch measurements and also the inseam measurement. I also adjusted the floor to hip. All of these tweaks have done wonders. I can do more but I dont know if I need to or if its OK as it is!
I'm just not sure how it's supposed to look!

Posts: 5 | Location: Fremantle WA | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post