Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS options
 Login/Join

posted
I have recently had minor annoyance with the Options button,when I click no blouse or no pants etc!Microsoft gives me an error,after I send an error report to microsoft,then it closes me down in DS.Can someone help me please I don't know what to do about it.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have recently had minor annoyance with the Options button,when I click no blouse or no pants etc!Microsoft gives me an error,after I send an error report to microsoft,then it closes me down in DS.Can someone help me please I don't know what to do about it.

This sounds like a bug that was reported with the Dress Shop 6.17 update. If that is, indeed what you are running, then you can get this patch file which corrects it:

Dress Shop 6.17 patch

This patch includes the following fixes:

1. Princess line patterns did not draft properly for users whose front waist measurement was greater than front bust, ab, and hip.

2. If no pattern was selected when changing measurement sets OR if you choose "No Blouse" or "No Pants", a Windows error occurred.

3. Princess line patterns did not draft properly if the armhole bottom was rotated to a position lower than the bust line. Caused a large bulge to the side seam, not to be confused with the shape you get when the side seam is tapered above the bust to the now narrower armhole width.

4. Princess line patterns did not draft properly when using children or men's measurements.

5. Front and back side seam lengths did not match for some flared princess line patterns, depending on measurements used.

6. The princess bodice side seam lines were not drafting.

Those are the changes included in the patch file. Each of those changes got a new patch. The current patch 7 incorporates and replaces them all. If you have gotten one in the past few days and are uncertain which one you got, you can get this latest one and have all of the changes listed.

Most of these issues only effected those with the measurements that triggered it. So, you need not get the patch unless you have seen one or more of these issues. The princess bodice lines and the Windows error when selecting no pattern would effect anyone that drafted those.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob- thank you that did the fix for me here.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one question. I downloaded the 6.17 update last evening. Do I still need to down load the patch or had the down load been updated with the fixes?

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just one question. I downloaded the 6.17 update last evening. Do I still need to down load the patch or had the down load been updated with the fixes?

The patch changes are not included in the update yet. When we release a patch, we wait for two things:

1. Word from the person that reported the problem in the first place that the patch has indeed corrected it for them. We have had that for each of the changes in the patch.

2. Word from other users that the patch has not effected anything else. We have not had much of that.

Once we are relatively certain that the patch has no ill effects for any user with any other measurement set and any other pattern or combination of options - well, it never gets quite that good - but, when we think it is pretty secure, then we update the update.

At this time, I am personally confident that the patch causes no new side effects. But, it has not been reviewed by enough others just yet.

So, if you have the update and any of the items in the patch change list are of concern to you, then you should get that patch as well. I will post the details about it in the updates folder so the list is easier to find.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Re the patch! there seems to be no other side affects for me here Bob.Just thought I would let you know this SmilerThings seem to be running quite well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Re the patch! there seems to be no other side affects for me here Bob.Just thought I would let you know this Things seem to be running quite well.

Thanks for letting us know!

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)