Find
Notify
Tools

cap sleeve reglan
 Login/Join

posted
Cap Sleeve Raglan
I found this printed on the pattern pc and on the summary page:

"closest fitting stretch raglan we have reduced ease, peasant neck stretch polys slendar arm. would like a vent at 1/4 mark in from sleeve .
underarm on backthats marked three inches"

Should we add a vent????

Posts: 20 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Nancy>
posted
I don't think that info pertains to this top....it may be design notes between Bob - Kaaren - Greg.

I have made 3 and do not think a vent is needed.
It would look nice, but not needed.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hm design notes from early on that stuck.please ignore.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is the raglan top finished. Is there ribbing at the top and hem on sleeve and bottom?
It sure is a neat top.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Nancy used ribbing on her neckline. It is really up to you, though.

I am printing this pattern tonight. I plan to make one with a facing and another with a bound neckline. One will have a vee neck and one a rounded neck.

For the sleeves, I will use my pencil. On one shirt, I will cut the sleeve off at the top of the underarm seam. On the other one, I will draw a curve up about an inch from the same point, creating a kind of cap raglan sleeve. This sleeve will need to be faced or bound. I tried both of these during testing and really like them.

These very short raglan sleeves look much better on me than the longer sleeves. In fact, this is the only raglan sleeve garment I have seen that looks good on me.

Carolyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I must have been looking at the wrong pattern, because I see that the curved up version of the sleeve is in the programming now. So, you can ignore what I said earlier about what I was going to do with the sleeves.

Carolyn

posted Hide Post
you asked.we delivered....
K

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had only heard that certain requests were impossible, so I presumed that meant the sleeve too, especially after looking at some other raglan pattern (wrong one, as it turns out).

I love it. Thanks!

Carolyn

posted Hide Post
In reply to Judith's question, I made this top in beta testing and just turned under all edges, neck included and machine hemed them. That worked well. And gives the top a even different look....more casual.
Janet the barefootlady

Posts: 4 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post