Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Ideas for enhancement and requested/suggested features
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas for enhancement and requested/suggested features
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Anna, I would like to see an option for the front armhole of swimsuits. The style currently used is "straight down from the across chest line to the side seam. If you have ever watched a swim competition the females are all tugging at their suits trying to pull the suit closer to the arm. I made one of these and it was not comfortable at all. I want a regular curved armhole like on garments. the armhole was a curved style on older releases of DS. Maybe the code is still there - somewhere.

Joan in Concord CA
Where spring is almost here!

quote:
Originally posted by annaaustintx:
Please post any ideas for enhancement and feature requests in this discussion. I will collect them and periodically hold polls to vote for the most wanted features. Please try to conform to the same format as this post to make it easier to find descriptions of features, versus discussion of same.

One feature that I have heard from a friend and new-ish user of Dress Shop is the ability to browse designs by viewing a list of the "technical drawings" of designs, instead of browsing through directories and files:
Synopsis: Browse designs via a listing of the technical drawings
Description: This feature will allow user to browse designs by viewing a list of the "technical drawings" of designs, instead of browsing through directories and files. The designs will still be grouped in the same groupings as before i.e. user will first select "Blouse", "Dresses", "Jumpsuits", etc. then for example, within "Blouse", select "Casual", "Close Fit", "Comfort", "Fitted", "Halter", "Princess", etc. Each listing will be a graphical listing of the designs' technical drawings, rather than of directories and files.

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Joan, can you please tell me which swimsuit pattern you were referring to? There are quite a few. Thanks.

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, Anna I am Barbara Humphrey, living in Pflugerville, Texas right up the road from you. Welcome to Livingsoft. Bob sorry to hear that you are retiring but I know we all need free time. Anna my suggestions and Ideas would be if we could add some of the new techniques that are out such as being able to incorporate the cape into a dress, making the new style or vintage jumpsuits, just a few. I have been a long time user and I use dressshop and My Fashion Designer on a consist basis. I own a Dress Shop as well and I am alwaays designing bridal and prom dresses, I take the patterns from dress shops and make them work for my clients. Would love more additions so I would have to do less additional steps.

Posts: 6 | Location: Pflugerville, Texas | Registered: 19 February 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I'd like to know is how to get a CD or download of whatever we own and the various activation codes.

I moved and the physical media have not turned up while unpacking for me to do a reinstall on my new computer (new since the move).

Is there a way to get set up to keep using what I already own & paid for, since there aren't going to be much in the way of further enhancements?

Renee Graham

Renee Graham
Home is where the sewing room is!

Posts: 31 | Location: Fort Bend, Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Renee,

We no longer offer a CD of Dress Shop or Dress Shop collections. Everything is to be downloaded from the Web site: https://www.livingsoftnw.com/DownloadsNew.htm.

After downloading and installing Dress Shop, open Dress Shop, do "File" -> Activate Products" and enter your Dress Shop ID (usually your email address) and password and click "Activate".

If you don't remember your Dress Shop ID, send me a message on here and I will get them for you.

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barbara,

It's always good to hear from long-time users of Dress Shop!

I fully intend to design new collections once I get things underway again. Afterall, though I am a software engineer and I do enjoy that work, I would rather be designing and sewing! Smiler

--
Anna

posted Hide Post
I printed out the various activtion codes at one time - that is also missing after moving. Or at least, it's missing right now.

It might turn up "sooner or later" - but I'd rather do a reinstall of Dress Shop/My Pattern Designer now and activate it...then go looking for whatever else is missing.

I have an older computer that I can set up to run Windows 7, Vista, or XP - as I have an embroidery machine with a lot of designs on a CD that will only run in Vista or XP. So - I'm prepared to roll back to an older OS on a computer set up to use in my sewing room - but not hook it up to the internet.

Renee Graham

Renee Graham
Home is where the sewing room is!

Posts: 31 | Location: Fort Bend, Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anna, sorry, I meant to do that. It is the basic swimsuit called "Maillot".

I did some looking around in the swimsuit category and found that the "armhole princess" suit has the garment style front armhole. So, maybe the code is already in the program. Perhaps it could be added as an option to all the swimsuits.

I can do a work around by printing the armhole princess front and overlaying on the Maillot as I don't think you will have time to get this fixed before I need a new suit. Will have to check the back to make sure the side seam is long enough.

Joan in Concord CA

quote:
Originally posted by annaaustintx:
Hi Joan, can you please tell me which swimsuit pattern you were referring to? There are quite a few. Thanks.

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One alternative is to download the Dress Shop installable (a single .exe file) onto an Internet-connected PC and then use a thumb drive to transfer it to the old/non-Internet connect PC.

--
Anna

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ReneeG1957:
I have an older computer that I can set up to run Windows 7, Vista, or XP - as I have an embroidery machine with a lot of designs on a CD that will only run in Vista or XP. So - I'm prepared to roll back to an older OS on a computer set up to use in my sewing room - but not hook it up to the internet.

Renee Graham
One alternative is to download the Dress Shop installable (a single .exe file) onto an Internet-connected PC and then use a thumb drive to transfer it to the old/non-Internet connect PC.

--
Anna

posted Hide Post
Good morning Anna, there use to be an option for inseam pocket on the skirts. I notice that the option is no longer available. Will you be putting it back?

Thanks

Posts: 6 | Location: Pflugerville, Texas | Registered: 19 February 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good morning Anna, there use to be an option for inseam pocket on the skirts. I notice that the option is no longer available. Will you be putting it back?

You are remembering that skirt pocket option from MPD. It never got added to the pocket menu for skirts in Dress Shop. That could be done when there is an update again, but until then, you can get the pattern from a pants pattern. It can be sewn into any seam of any other garment.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like a printed copy of the manual and notification of changes. The online and one that I can open on my home page on my computer is fine,but one open on my seeding machine is best. I know I can print
it out myself but it's not always up to date.

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Susan,

The Dress Shop User Manual included with the Dress Shop installation is the most current. There is no other version.

What "notification of changes" were you referring to? Changes to the user manual? Since the user manual is include with the Dress Shop installation, a new version of Dress Shop will mean a new user manual. We will make an announcement when there is a new Dress Shop version.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One feature that I have heard from a friend and new-ish user of Dress Shop is the ability to browse designs by viewing a list of the "technical drawings" of designs, instead of browsing through directories and files:
Synopsis: Browse designs via a listing of the technical drawings
Description: This feature will allow user to browse designs by viewing a list of the "technical drawings" of designs, instead of browsing through directories and files. The designs will still be grouped in the same groupings as before i.e. user will first select "Blouse", "Dresses", "Jumpsuits", etc. then for example, within "Blouse", select "Casual", "Close Fit", "Comfort", "Fitted", "Halter", "Princess", etc. Each listing will be a graphical listing of the designs' technical drawings, rather than of directories and files.

This is what I would love to have most of all.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 05 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post