Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ribbing
 Login/Join

posted
I am making a child PJ top and bottom and noticed there is no options tool for ribbing. Are there any suggestions on how I should go about this?

Steph

Posts: 11 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not sure which pattern you selected but ribbing is usually a choice under necklines if offered.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am using DS, patterns-loungewear-pajamas. I am looking under necklines and I don't see anything with ribbing in it. Do I need to look somewhere else?.......Thanks!

Steph

Posts: 11 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope.that neck was not set up for ribbing- if using a jwel neck make sure you lower the depth 1/2 inch or so and widen it slightly.then cut your ribbing to an ~1inch shy of total neck circumference. Pin in place and trim excess.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Steph

<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
For around the neck, measure neck opening, cut your ribbing 75% that length. For cuffs on sleeves and legs, measure wrist or ankle and cut ribbing that length. Decide how wide you want the ribbing, double that and add 2 seam allowances. I've never used a pattern for ribbing, just cut to measurements as required.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post