Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    unusualy large lapels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

unusualy large lapels
 Login/Join

posted
Sorry, Karen:
I have Dress Shop 7 standard. I printed 2 different styles from the jacket outerwear collection with basic notched lapels. The lapels width is 2 13/16" and the front pattern pieces printed out extra large lapels (5"+)from the notch point to the lapel point. The collar tool indicated the lapel width as 2 13/l6"

Posts: 18 | Registered: 23 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am making a jacket for the first time using this software and i have come accross a problem i cannot solve. The lapel width from the collar notch to the lapel point, prints out twice as large as the lapel width indicated (even the default width - 2 13/16 comes out twice as large, aprox. 5 5/8". What am i doing wrong??

OK I think I see where the confusion is- the lapel itself is Not a collar but a neckline option. DS does not have a specific lapel editor.

Using the design options you may select a basic notched lapel or a low notched lapel under NECKLINE and modify 'depths' there.The depth will place the lapel point on the vetical up and down along center front.

Then move on to the collar portion- (sequence is important here) using the custom collar designer option you may adjust the collar.For the notched collars select either low or high basic notched collar. Now you can adjust the lapel width downwards- the default may read~ 3- insert lapel width 1. This number doesnt correlate to exact collar width but gives a value to the program to work OFF the default.Do not print the actual collar portion if you are using one. It will be only 1 inch wide!

Print your jacket front and back pieces then go in and adjust the collar width again to get the actual collar width you wish.- this is typically to 2 or 2.5 or 3 as desired.Print just the collar.

IF you should select a basic collar with the notched lapel option the basic collar will over ride the lapel and return the front to no lapel.
and you lose the lapel width menu.

You may also switch from low or high lapel(neck) to shawl type (collar) using the collar tool and it also over rides the neckline lapel option.

The other option is to set your neckline width and depth as well as collar width and manually redraw the lapel to the size shape you desire, make sure to overlay your drawn lapel on your facing piece and true them up!

I have worked this out on jackets using both methods above.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Karen - thanks for the information. I understand your instructions and will follow them.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 23 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post