Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How to configure Plotter with Dress Shop 9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to configure Plotter with Dress Shop 9
 Login/Join

posted
Please help me to configure my plotter (hp designjet T120) for Dress Shop 9. I use windows 8.1

Carilanne

Posts: 2 | Registered: 13 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Carilanne, It has been a while since I had plotter, but I will try.
For best results I presume you have installed the driver for the T120.
Set it as your default machine from Win 8.1 Printers Menu, and check the properties for the paper size/width. In DS File settings check draft for Plotters,remove print by columns not rows; then in File, page setup see if you can see/select the paper size.
Load an owned or test fit pattern, and perhaps (unless you are very petite) only print @ 25% initially just to see if you can do so. If your system is working OK you should see just the one sheet/pattern onscreen with no numbers through it for each pattern piece. You have another chance to set printer and paper @ print command. If I remember correctly it may be necessary to calculate the maximum length you want each piece to print or else you may find yourself with an excess of run through. Each pattern piece has piece name and total fabric width and height at the bottom, so you may need to set the length to slightly longer than the height total. I presume the plotter has auto-cut. My Windows & Plotters were too old to print in paper saving mode, but yours may not be. In which case you may be able to print the patterns in landscape so will need to make the paper length slightly longer than the width. Hope I have remembered everything. I would like to know how you go.

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Helen, your post really help me and resume correctly the process. It's OK now.

Lise

Posts: 2 | Registered: 13 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lise,
Glad I could help.
Helen.

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post