Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Print off measurement problem Please help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Print off measurement problem Please help!
 Login/Join

posted
I just purchased Dress shop 6 I did my measurements but when ever I print off my garments they print off 2x my size and I'm wondering what i could possibly be doing wrong. I have my measurements set for inches and thats how i measured all my measurements. If you have any sugestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks you

Posts: 3 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Noele:
I just purchased Dress shop 6 I did my measurements but when ever I print off my garments they print off 2x my size and I'm wondering what i could possibly be doing wrong. I have my measurements set for inches and thats how i measured all my measurements. If you have any sugestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks you

Could you explain a little further what you mean by 2X your size? I am not understanding...the largest you can print is full scale or 100%. I will try to help you if I can understand what you mean...thanks.

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I print the patterns in full scale. When I print out the sheets and cut and put the pattern pieces togather they don't match up with my size they are much larger. I don't know if I'm doing the wrong measuremnts or if theres somthing wrong with my printer. I do all my measuremnts in inches. And thats what I have the software set to.
Thanks,
Noele

Posts: 3 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to do the page setting under File, printer and make sure you ahev the settigns correct. registration markes should be 3 inches apart at the center of the registration circles on the vertical. When you tape column b1 on a1 they should align so all the cut lines match on the curves and the reference lines across the patterns align across the pattern.

All patterns have ease you wont find a bust front that measures 11 inches across the front being exactly half that for half the pattern on a top- there will be ease amouting from anywhere from a 1/2 inch for fitted to multiple inches for relaxed and loose fitting. The amount fo ease per fit level is computed as a percentage of your chart.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Noele:
I print the patterns in full scale. When I print out the sheets and cut and put the pattern pieces togather they don't match up with my size they are much larger. I don't know if I'm doing the wrong measuremnts or if theres somthing wrong with my printer. I do all my measuremnts in inches. And thats what I have the software set to.
Thanks,
Noele

I agree with all that Kaaren wrote...also, make sure you measured correctly. When I first started with DS I paid someone to measure me and unfortunately she measured me too loosely. I ended up doing it all over again, with minimal help from my husband. Make sure you get that center line from armpit to thigh right, everything hinges from there. I tied a string to a ruler, placed the ruler under my arm and had my husband draw the lines. My initial center line was WAY off, giving me a large pattern in the back and small in the front. If I were you, I would recheck all my measurements. Also, I like my clothes more fitted than the software does for standard fit and I use the close fit option. Keep at it, it can take time but eventually you will get there. YOu will also become an expert at measuring most of yourself. Here is how I do the Front to waist, etc. measurements+ I tape a measuring tape to a yardstick at the 1" mark on the tape. I do my measuring, straight and conformed...and add the one inch to the result. Mine have turned out perfectly in this way. For inseam, place a ruler between your legs, flat side up against the crotch as in underwear would be, place the yardstick flat on the floor, 1" at the floor and see where the 2 sticks intersect, that is your inseam. Make sure you are on a hard floor and barefooted. Hope this helps you...it can be tough at first...don't hesitate to continue to ask, there is always someone out here who can help....good luck!

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post