Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How do I see DS 7 PRO Collars
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I see DS 7 PRO Collars
 Login/Join

posted
I'm in the process of choosing a "casual fitted shirt". Out of curiosity, I wanted to choose a "low notch lapel". I can't find several of the collars. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I even looked under jackets and thought for sure they would be available there. What's up?

Thank you

Thank you

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm in the process of choosing a "casual fitted shirt". Out of curiosity, I wanted to choose a "low notch lapel". I can't find several of the collars. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I even looked under jackets and thought for sure they would be available there. What's up?

Outerwear - Jackets - Boxy Jacket - Collars.

If you checked some other outerwear, that collar option might not be there. Shrugs, Capes, Golf Coat, Bolero jacket, and many others do not take lapels. Each pattern has different reasons. But, the lapel is available for dozens of other jacket and coat patterns.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ok lets start with which pattern you are using a casual shirt or a fitted shirt- they don't really make much difference in this particular collar issue because the choices are the same for both.

First select your neckline as "jewel" not all necklines work with a lapel, then click on Mia for Collars the offer for a low notch lapel is on the sub menu in theframe with Mia. Select The low lapel will form on the pattern and using the show all pieces feature you will see the collar piece as well which develops when the notched collar is selected.

The collar button in the verticle tool bar will open the custom collar tool where you may select the depth position for the collar/lapel break and the collar width.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a problem with choosing ANY collar for a shirt because Dress Shop hangs up and I get the 'notify Microsoft of error message.' Please, any help will be appreciated and is badly needed. I downloaded the full DS7. I selected jewel and then tried to select sailor and several others, but to no avail.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 11 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't own those collections/collars you can preview them but they wont print.

Go to file> settings> check show the not yet enabled patterns -then all patterns will preview even if you don't own them.

As for your MS error- did you recently download the IE 7 update? There is a patch for that on the downloads page. This is a windows exception not a DS error.

All collars display and are selected on MIa

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Karen, the not yet enabled patterns box was clicked, but I still receive the 'not responding' message when I choose this or that collar.

posted Hide Post
Karen, Oops. When in doubt, follow directions. I went back and read the full installation instructions. I made a new folder called DressShop New and put it on the desktop. Then I deleted all the downloads that I had in temp. Then I downloaded the full master and installed it in DressShop New. Then I ran the full master. I am now able to get the sailor and other collars.