New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adding ease
 Login/Join

<Rose Marie>
posted
When I look at a drawing of my pattern and I have the reference lines and reference amounts showing, I have Front Across Chest, Front High Bust, Front Bust, Back Across Back and Back Bust as the displayed points. I made a sleeveless blouse but it needs a bit more ease at Back Across Back because my shoulder blades appear to be causing some stress across the back. I only have the choice for "Back Bust Ease" How can I add just 1/4" to 1/2" where I need it using the program? With the front, I need a bit extra ease at Front High Bust. The program only gives me the option of adding ease at "Front Bust Ease." I know I can try to do this by hand but I would like to use the program. Is it possible to have the items in the "Blouse Fit Adjustments box have the same vocabulary and reference points as the measurement chart? I guess I am asking for "Back Across Back" "Front Across Chest" and "Front High Bust" to be included in the ease chart. I am using the fitted blouse, sleeveless to make a scooped neck blouse.
Thanks, Rose Marie

As an aside, when I was looking at my pattern, I went to "Help" to contact Livingsoft User Group and I was directed to the other group. I have not updated for a while because when I have done it in the past, the item I was working on ended up having a problem and that was disconcerting.
(boxy jacket, gored skirt...)

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything should not be fixed by "adding ease"

Some things should have chart changes.

If the across chest front is too tight, fix the measurement by adjusting length to it. Thats fixes it permanently...or you will be "repairing" it with each draft.

You can add ease to the across back, in fact 1 inch of default ease is allowed in most fitted garments, see ease see across back.

One again I urge you to adjust as needed the across back measurement .

The high bust ease will adjust with bust ease, it will also be moderated by shoulder extension.

So once again, finessing the chart is the first course of action on the first few garments.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post