Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Two DIFFERENT Bodice Slopers in Version 6.10
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two DIFFERENT Bodice Slopers in Version 6.10
 Login/Join

posted
I was checking something on my sloper bodice and found that I have two DIFFERENT sloper patterns -- drafting differently in back armhole measurements.

If I choose the Slopers option and check the balance of my armhole it's close, 1.08 difference
If I choose the Blouse - Bodice sloper option the balance of my armhole is 1.25 difference

I sent a problem report to Bob and received a response yesterday -- don't know when a fix will be coming so HEADS UP -- use the correct one!!!!

DON'T use the sloper pattern under Blouses - Bodice Sloper. It's not drafting a shoulder dart as it should.

DO USE the one on main screen Slopers that brings up both bodice & pants. This is the correct sloper.

I think rather that fixing the one that is incorrect, there should be only one place to bring up the slopers -- then we wouldn't have confusion about whether they are indeed the same or which one is the "correct" one that will proof our measurements for the rest of the designs.

If I could choose, I would have SLOPERS as a choice and keep the Blouses and Pants for actual garments only.

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This problem with the back armscye on all but one sloper (the sloper under Blouse is correct) also applies to some other drafts, jumpers and two piece dresses for example. To check if it is present on the garment you are drafting turn on "Show Sloper" and go to the single page display "Back Only". The difference is obvious.

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is this just seen on the new update?

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tina, no, I found it on 6.92 before 6.10 came out. Overlay your sloper when drafting to make sure your pattern is OK. Doesn't always show on the Design screen, show all, but does on the Back Only and the print screen.

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I only draft the bodice sloper under blouse so I guess I haven't used the bad one

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it will be fixed in the next update, its reported, found and resolved.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayle:
I was checking something on my sloper bodice and found that I have two DIFFERENT sloper patterns -- drafting differently in back armhole measurements. (snip)

I sent a problem report to Bob and received a response yesterday -- don't know when a fix will be coming so HEADS UP -- use the correct one!!!!

DON'T use the sloper pattern under Blouses - Bodice Sloper. It's not drafting a shoulder dart as it should.

DO USE the one on main screen Slopers that brings up both bodice & pants. This is the correct sloper. (snip)

quote:
Joan wrote: This problem with the back armscye on all but one sloper (the sloper under Blouse is correct)

quote:
Kaaren wrote: it will be fixed in the next update, its reported, found and resolved.

If there's a problem with the armhole AND the shoulder dart, is either bodice sloper correct, and if so, which one? Can we please have an official statement for which is the "correct" bodice sloper to be using in 6.10 until the next build comes out. Thanks. ~ Diane

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If there's a problem with the armhole AND the shoulder dart, is either bodice sloper correct, and if so, which one? Can we please have an official statement for which is the "correct" bodice sloper to be using in 6.10 until the next build comes out. Thanks. ~ Diane

Bob....could we please have an "official" answer of this. How about the pants, too? I mean AFTER 6.11 is issued. Thanks.

AliceM DS Educator
DS6.14 Pro, MPD with everything else. WinXP, HP3050 color laser printer

Posts: 36 | Location: Ocean Park, WA | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct slopers in Version 6.10:

Bodice - under Patterns/Slopers (has back shoulder dart)
Pants - under Patterns/pants/Pant Sloper

Wrong Slopers in Version 6.10:
On the wrong slopers the bodice does not have a back shoulder dart; and the pants drafts with a straight waistline (using FTW Side for all FTW lengths) despite tilted waist measurements.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in ds610 one sloper is missing the shoulder dart, in 6.11 its fixed, all sloeprs work in all menus.

everything else in Bobs nice long post about fixes is 99.9% done.....

and amazingly well tested by an incredible group of testers who have jumped in and worked tirelessly.

Thats official.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post