Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bubble skirt
 Login/Join

posted
I would appreciate some ideas on how to use my dress shop 7.0 to create a bubble skirt for my granddaughter. Last summer she had some bubble type skorts that she loved and of course, I didn't save them once she outgrew them :-(.

Right now, I am drafting the one seam jamaica pants for her. I made three pairs of the regular length one seam and she loves how they feel especially in stretch fabrics. Now, she wants more of those and bubble skirts/skorts, sigh.-----Denise

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right now, I am drafting the one seam jamaica pants for her. I made three pairs of the regular length one seam and she loves how they feel especially in stretch fabrics. Now, she wants more of those and bubble skirts/skorts

I am old and I simply dont 'get' the bubble skirt concept... Nicole Miller did some fab bubbles back in the 80's/but this modern version seems to be just a longer(3-5 ") hem with extra width at the stitch line that's loosely pulled up and hemmed sort of draping or cowling the excess width.....There may be some seam tape or even narrow horsehair or even netting crumbled into the hem allowance.. to make it "stand out"

Rather than a true hem which will shape- curve the front and back and add 3-5 inches of extra length so the flare continues to the hem and set hem allowance to 0.

Others may have a different manner to approach this...

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EVerytime I hear the word "bubbleskirt" I think of Project Runway and the woman who used to wear them constantly...they are hideous looking, why would anyone INTENTIONALLY look like that? Of course, on young girls like your granddaughter I can see where they would be cute, but on hips? No way! My motto is minimize, minimize, MINIMIZE! lol

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post