Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leotard questions
 Login/Join

posted
I just drafted a leotard and it looks really funny.

First I set design ease off and stretch fab % to 0 to see what base meas DS is drafting to in comparision to chart.

1) front waist to crotch seam is 13% longer than front crotch len in chart (equates to 1.5" for me)

2) this is the real head scratcher, the back waist to crotch len is almost perfect but there is no back crotch extension? no matter which leg opening option I choose.

3) it will let me specify a sleeve in design but it goes haywire (just displays grid - no pattern) when I try to adjust cap or print a sleeve.

I think I am using DS Pro 6.?? I'm not sure how to find out (help/about only tells me the ver of FD that I have.)

Any ideas??? or is this something I should send in as problem with DS?

Thx! Jean

Posts: 50 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Vallee:
I just drafted a leotard and it looks really funny.

First I set design ease off and stretch fab % to 0 to see what base meas DS is drafting to in comparision to chart.

1) front waist to crotch seam is 13% longer than front crotch len in chart (equates to 1.5" for me)

2) this is the real head scratcher, the back waist to crotch len is almost perfect but there is no back crotch extension? no matter which leg opening option I choose.

3) it will let me specify a sleeve in design but it goes haywire (just displays grid - no pattern) when I try to adjust cap or print a sleeve.

I think I am using DS Pro 6.?? I'm not sure how to find out (help/about only tells me the ver of FD that I have.)

Any ideas??? or is this something I should send in as problem with DS?

Thx! Jean
When you open up dress shop, it should say what version you have.As for the leotards sorry I can't help there. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I upgraded to v7 so there's no question about that.

There is still a prob with the leotard back.
It is not drafting the cutout for the extension.

Is this a prob for anyone else??

Jean

posted Hide Post
The frotn extends almost to the back "tab" like extension with a single seam in back.this is set to a fabric stretch factor of 100 horizontal and 120 vertical.Reset the stretch factor to yoru fabric as desired.

This works for me. I have a leotard for when I was mistakenly thinking I should exercise at the gym......body didnt like it at all.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the seam all the way the back you end up sitting on it - very uncomfortable - especially if you put in a snaps.

posted Hide Post
I use wooly nylon and serge the seam- it really is not noticeable at all.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a problem with Ballgowns. Built in panties over the dress mean either you have snaps or you have to completely undress to go. I have done both.
Jean -- I would put the snaps at the front instead of the back or dead center but I find that uncomfortable too. Snaps at the back are too hard to do up by yourself. So, I whack off the built on extension and tape it to the back pattern piece. I think Kwik Sew used to do their Leo's one piece through to the back. Stretch and Sew uses a separate piece for the between the legs piece.
Duckie

DS Pro 6.13 --
with everything,
Hat Shop,
Home Dec,
IE 6.0.2800,
Win XP SP1,
HP Deskjet 6800 wireless

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured it was going to a hand drafted adj to get what I need...

J