New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pants Sloper
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all

I am one of the UK users who met with Tina last week, and she really moved me on with my sloper - and I have made a really good pants sloper using the version that is at the top of the pattern list "slopers". It was fantastic, apart for one minor glitch and one major:

The major glitch is that the sloper in the "sloper" menu drafts the waist parallel to the floor. This makes my back waist too low.

I have compared this sloper with the fitted pants and with the sloper under the pants menu.

These two show the back waist higher than the other sloper(which is good)by the right amount, but the front waist is lower than the other sloper (which is bad)by an inch and a half. Confused

As Tina is still on vacation, short of stalking her round the UK, is any one here able to advise me if I am on the right track by simply raising the front waist (floor to waist straight and conformed) by the amount I want, and the front crotch length? It does seem that I need to do this on the sloper in the pants menu, as the alternative: changing the back crotch length on the sloper menu pants sloper doesn't raise the waist at all, just pushes the crotch out.

The minor problem is that the inseam seems too long, and the front crotch extension a wee bit too short. Is it OK to change these both at the same time (i.e. does one affect the other) and am I right to do this in the crotch tool, assuming that this then ignores the body depth I have in there, so I DONT need to change that too?

Any help would be fantastic. Thanks.

Michele

P.S. Why do we have two such different slopers?

Posts: 4 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I filed a problem report about a difference between the two pant slopers in build 6.11 and asked if they shouldn't be drafting the same. This was Bob's response:

quote:
Well, they should be. Mine are identical.

The pants sloper is what people should use for perfecting their lower body measurements. The bodice sloper is what should be used for tuning upper body measurements.

I see no reason that anyone should ever use the combined "Slopers" that is in the root pattern menu. I use that all the time. It gives me a quick look overview of an entire measurement set. Errors in the set can usually be seen at a glace using that "pattern". But, that's all I use it for. If there was some name I could use to suggest its value, I would. But, "Measurement Set Overview" would not fit in the menu.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Diane for posting that reply. It doesn't really help, does it? Smiler If the sloper sloper menu is for checking that everything is ok, and mine isn't then what is ok and what isn't?

I'll keep plodding on...

Michele

Posts: 4 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Michele,

When I look at the sloper in the pants menu and the fitted pants they draft the same for me in the areas where they should, which includes the waist. Both of the slopers look identical.

So why are yours different? hmmm. The only thing I can think of getting you to check is that you used the same measurement sets in all of the examples. I know this seems obvious but I've become very confused sometimes, it's easy to do ( or that's what I tell myself anyway!) If you check it and it's still not the same, I suggest you send a problem report to Livingsoft.

Re the problems with the fit, I'm afraid I'm too new to give you advice but I'm sure that after the weekend lull, others, more experienced will get back to you.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes, Teresa
born in Oxford now in Greece

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Teresa

I think given the way that they are drafting for me, it might be something that is connected with having a tilted waist. Anyway, I have used the other sloper and seem to be getting the thing sorted.