Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Armhole Princess DS ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armhole Princess DS ?
 Login/Join

posted
I have printed out the Armhole Princess Blouse in DS. I am trying to figure out how to match the front panel with the front side panel. The area above the Front High Bust on the side panel is approximately 1/2 to 5/8's inch shorter than the front panel. Is this intentional? Does that mean that the front panel is to be eased into the side panel above the Front High Bust? Or is this a mistake in the pattern? Have I missed a patch somewhere? Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,
Rena Evans
Dress Shop Pro 6.17
Fashion Designer 1 & 2, Fit tool, Princess Designer, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, and Ultimate Pants

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sewalong,

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
have printed out the Armhole Princess Blouse in DS. I am trying to figure out how to match the front panel with the front side panel. The area above the Front High Bust on the side panel is approximately 1/2 to 5/8's inch shorter. Is this intentional? Does that mean that the front panel is to be eased into the side panel above the Front High Bust? Or is this a mistake in the pattern? Also, the side panel has an optional center dart. When I go into the Dart tool it is showing no dart, and I can't get the dart to go away. Have I missed a patch somewhere? Any help would be more than

The length is to be eased between the T pins that show in the side to center panel seams.This vertical ease is to allow the garment to fit over the "hill" of the bust mound.

The center dart front or back may be turned on or off using the dart tool, simply uncheck the "center" button and then click redraft. or click defaults then done. (In order to actually get a center dart you would need to click adjust and enter a value after selecting the dart. I would NOT use a center dart with a princess but we don't impede every tool that exists on a garment by garment basis.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren! My problem was that the T Pins did not show up when I had printed out the pattern. I brought the pattern back up after your post and the T Pins are now showing on the pattern and printed out this time. Must have been a glitch in my computer originally. The ease thing does make sense.

Thanks Again,
Rena

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post