Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How do I make a sloper?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I make a sloper?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm new to Dress Shop, and VERY excited about it. I have Dress Shop 8. I just had my friend take my measurements and filled in the complete chart. The instructions say to sew out a sloper, but how do I get the pattern for the sloper? Thank you to all for any help you can give me.

Also, when I was filling in the measurement chart, there are measurements called "derived measurements". They are front crotch ext., back crotch ext, and pants center back waist dart. I didn't see any instruction for how to measure these.

Posts: 9 | Location: lovethemgreys@aol.com | Registered: 26 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK time to go to the instructions on the pages- you will see a help button on just about every page.These buttons link to page specific topics.

Under size see > Fit Test patterns select the torso sloper!

Note that there are articles about the slopers and sewing instructions with multiple expanded links to more articles for every pattern.

You can watch the demo again by going to Help> demo

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now the Derived measurements question - the program will compute the front and back crotch extensions and the center back waist dart for you.

Always enter a zero in each field anytime you change lower torso/leg measurements so the program can do this for you.

If you have everything else tested and true but feel you need an adjustment to either a crotch extension or Center Back waist dart- cbwd after everything else is tried and true you can then make that new number save with the program.

Do the Test Fit garment Pants (after you are satisfied with the torso sloper) or if you have DS8 Pro the Complete Pant designer Career classic pant, classic leg as the penultimate "Pant".

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post