Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS Pants Sloper
 Login/Join

posted
I was surprised by the very good fit of my first pants sloper (considering that I measured myself). The one problem that I have (and that I have in RTW) is the jadphur (sorry about the spelling) effect. What adjustment do I make so that my pants do not stick out like riding pants from the hip to the knee. I have wide hips a belly but a flat behind.

Dress Shop 6.17, Fashion Designer 1 & 2, Princess Designer, Fit Tools

Posts: 5 | Location: Queens, New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think its decrease floor to hip measurements slightly though, and test with 1/4 scale first,if you see a nice smooth line on the screen, then you did it.Check always with 1/4 scale and measure that first, before printing off in full scale.jodphurs nasty little things GGG

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll try that. I understand how snug the bodice sloper is to supposed to be (like a second skin with pulling) but what am I looking for in the pants sloper. There seems to be a bit of ease all though the legs. Of course, without some ease, I don't think that you could get your feet and ankles though. How much ease is too much ease in a pants sloper? Confused

Dress Shop 6.17, Fashion Designer 1 & 2, Princess Designer, Fit Tools

Posts: 5 | Location: Queens, New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The program gives just enough ease to get slopers on,if measurements are done correctly, there should be no problem trying them on.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dress shop pant sloper is very different from the bodice sloper. This is based on a dress pant fit not a slim fit leg ( which is the basis of all pants in MPD).

DO not expect the ds sloper pant to conform to the leg- it was never designed to do that.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The program gives just enough ease to get slopers on,if measurements are done correctly, there should be no problem trying them on.

The Dress Shop sloper fit should be very snug in the waist, ab, hip and crotch areas. But, that sloper uses a design that is not as closely fitted in the lower legs. This is not usually a problem for most as few wish their pants to be skin tight in that area. So, if your knee or calf measurement is off by an inch, it should not matter.

However, if you wish to tune those measurements to get a better fix with leotards, tight knit pants, body suits, or other activewear, you should use the Slim Fit pants to tune those lower leg measurements. That design allows the pant fit in the lower leg to change as those measurements are adjusted where the fitted pants (and the Dress Shop sloper) does not.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post