Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new build
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I just re-installed the newest update and am still seeing a problem with the hanky hem not drafting the whole bottom edge.
Does anyone else have a problem with not seeing any GRAIN lines?
I sent in a problem report but am wondering if it's me or a program glich..
Jacqui

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which garment?

Do you see grain lines in Print mode? That's where I find mine.

Carolyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see grainlines on the print page.

Also I just looked at every blouse that had the word "hanky" in its title and I cannot find one broken hemline, they all look okay on my program.
HTH,
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jacqui,
I also see the same problem as you. The hem of all the hanky garments are not showing the right hems. Also not in "Print" mode.

Barbara

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot to change my siggy line to say I have 6.11

Barbara in N. E. Georgia

Barbara

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Gates:
Hi, I just re-installed the newest update and am still seeing a problem with the hanky hem not drafting the whole bottom edge. (snip) I sent in a problem report but am wondering if it's me or a program glich..

Guessing here, but maybe Microsoft/InstallShield won't let you download or "re-install" the same file name/number?? Good that you wrote Support. Please let us all know the response in case others should try the same thing. Thanks.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just re-installed the newest update and am still seeing a problem with the hanky hem not drafting the whole bottom edge.

Jacqui - have you rebooted? I had a problem with the hanky skirt but it was OK after I'd rebooted. I had not installed the original 6.11 though.

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob said earlier that if you had downloaded the program this afternoon there were problems with the hanky patterns.

That was fixed this evening. However, if you had already installed the afternoon version you would need to uninstall it, then download and install tonight's version.

Or, he said, you could wait until the next update in a month or so.

Could that be your problem?

Caroyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Id like to explain what happened. As you know we redid the pricness dresses and the gored skirts.
Working on the gore it became evident we could not use the old code at all but started from scratch so the grain line was properly placed and the flare wasnt just on the outseam edges.

Check them out.they are really wonderful!Im making an 8 gore today..for me..to wear not just to test!

Then Bob had to struggle to get the point of hankys correct.

Somehow a bit of code slipped in from that particular 6 gore hanky to the Blouse hankys...
acccck

we posted the build because we had been concentrating on the gored skirt towards the very end of the test cycle and had not gone back over all the hanky blouses ( which were working up to that very last patetrn change)

double aaack

The hanky problem was discovered,and fixed approx 1 hr after the initial 6.11 buld was posted and that original build was pulled down and replaced.

The fixed build was posted ( after a power outage resolved... triple acck.)

IF you uninstall the 6.11 build and take a new download you will have all the hanky's back.

if you are not interested in the hankys.dont bother in about a month they will be included in the next update!

Note: when you uninstall your shortcut may not work UNTIL you download and install the new build.

Dont panic.it all didnt go away.

But this is a good opportunity to suggest you have a little folder on your desktop containing cop;iues of all your "my" files.My measurements, settings, patterns (if you have saved patterns)activations.

It NEVER hurts to have a back up!!!

I not only keep that folder on my desktop but keep it on a thumb drive for just in case of a complete puter failure and I have to do a system restore.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Wanda Eikman>
posted
Thanks for the explanation Kaaren. Looks like Murphy's law was in effect during the final programing-four times over.

Wanda Eikman

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DressShopBob>
posted
quote:

I answered Jacqui's problem report. But, since it got asked here, I'll copy that answer....

"Hello Jacqui,

Grain lines were removed in all pieces mode recently as they were adding to the clutter of that view. Also, with some patterns, those lines were getting placed wrong depending on left view versus right view display. So, rather than continuing to struggle to get them all correct in every view mode that Dress Shop offers, we removed them except for when printing or viewing single pattern pieces in detail.

In single piece display (as when printing), they should always be there and correctly placed. So, when you need them (when sewing) you should have them.

If you find any case where you do not see them when printing, do let me know.

- Bob Clardy"

<DressShopBob>
posted
quote:

Guessing here, but maybe Microsoft/InstallShield won't let you download or "re-install" the same file name/number?? Good that you wrote Support. Please let us all know the response in case others should try the same thing. Thanks.

A problem that others have had in the past is that Windows will sometimes not actually download a file that it thinks you already have. If you went to download the 6.11 update and it took less than a second, Windows did not really download it. Instead, it found the copy of the file downloaded before (a copy is kept in a Windows folder such as "Downloaded Installations") and gave you the same one you had before.

To avoid this, just change the name when you download again. When you select the update to download, you will be prompted to save it or run it. Save it. Then, you will be prompted for where to save it to. At that point, you can change the file name that will be used when you save. Change the name to anything else (the name does not matter - I tried DS6_11_Update2.exe, for instance). Then, Windows will not just hand you the earlier file, it will actually download the new one properly.

This may not be the problem you have had, but it is one I have seen in the past....

posted Hide Post
Bob/Kaaren

I've just put 6.11 on and went to look at the lariat neckline with great interest, still having trouble picturing this shape. Poor Mia has a beige strapless top and a beige bag over her head Big Grin Confused . This part of the fix maybe is not quite as you wished?

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a bag over her head.yipes

The lariant neckline is quite simply a loop of spaghetti strapping, ribbon, crocheted slim or wide chain that can be positioned from the top of the front up around neck to opposite side front, or from center front up around neck back to center.

The deal with this pattern is using the eased closed side dart which is very quick and offers many body shapes shaping without working darts and offers another "look" or element to the design.

Though very familiar to long term sewists it may be new to new users. AND its QUICK.the key note to this collection.

The accompanying article in Help>Help Index>how to assemble> Lariat Neck shows the lariat feature which isnt really a neck but a strap treatment on my dress form ( with its "sloper" cover over layers of poly batting that reshapes my form to me... regretably which is why I am now on the fix me program to loose weight and belly fat).

I do hope this helps.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren thanks for the full description which was very helpful. I had missed the info about the eased closed side dart, yes I am a beginner with my dressmaking, always glad to learn new tricks though Smiler.

Mia remains unimpressed with the outfit however Wink. Before the update she had a plain top with spaghetti straps. Now, in addition to bag over head, she is wearing a sleeveless, darted shell with what I think would be a jewel neck. Smiler I can click and change neckline, but not to spaghetti straps; this restores Mia's face but doesn't give her the right top. Gosh I'm glad I don't have to sort these glitches out, why do computers always develop new problems as one fixes the existing problem?

Thanks

quote:
The deal with this pattern is using the eased closed side dart which is very quick and offers many body shapes shaping without working darts and offers another "look" or element to the design.

Though very familiar to long term sewists it may be new to new users. AND its QUICK.the key note to this collection.

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post