Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New patterns
 Login/Join

posted
Been looking at the new cap sleeve raglan. Is the neckline depth etc. available to lower/widen? Can't seem to get it to change and the depth in front is higher than I prefer.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cindy,

First off can you tell us which version of DS you are using? Do you have the Neck tool? I have the neck tool, but I think I read somewhere that you can change the neck in options if you do not have the tool.

I just went into the neck tool and changed the default to a larger number and it lowered the neckline. So that leads me to believe it is changeable.
I am making one of these in jewel neck for my daughter so we were able to change it to a jewel neck and lower the neckline just a tad too.
Also I can't remember where I read it, but I think that Nancy, the one that made the one in the photo, said that after the sleeves are sewn back to front that you can then manually cut the neckline to get it lower and wider if you want.
I am sure that if you wait a few, others with more experience on this will chime in. But I wanted to let you know that my neck tool worked to lower it just fine.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just after I posted that, I went to my DS and tried again to change the neck. An error report popped up and closed all my programs. Had to reboot to get everything back. Works now. Guess it was just being a bit cranky. Thanks
Cindy

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindy S:
Been looking at the new cap sleeve raglan. Is the neckline depth etc. available to lower/widen? Can't seem to get it to change and the depth in front is higher than I prefer.

I just upgraded this morning, and I should have waited till later today.
Mine will only show raglan sleeve and I can't get any other sleeve/armhole to come up. Even my sloper has raglan sleeves. I filed a report. Woe is me, I was going to print and sew today.

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Dress Shop Essential Patterns for Girls

Posts: 21 | Location: Stranded at Grand Lake in NE Okla. | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barbstew:
I just upgraded this morning, and I should have waited till later today.
Mine will only show raglan sleeve and I can't get any other sleeve/armhole to come up. Even my sloper has raglan sleeves. I filed a report. Woe is me, I was going to print and sew today.

Barb,
Did you reboot your computer? Most of the time this helps.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Nancy>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Cindy S:

Cindy -

Don't try to change the neckline with the tools.

Bob and Kaaren had a real challenge to get this neck without breaking the pattern.
You can do a pencil change or as I prefer, trim the neckline AFTER you sew the raglan seams.

Fold the top in half at that point and trim a bit.

Keep in mind the width of your ribbing also. For the 1" ribbing I used on the white top, I trimmed off the seam alowance. As with any knit, the hand and amout of stretch are really big factors.

I have made several of these tops and the neck is different with each one. In the picture I had rounded the front neck to a scoop. Another one I left with the V like Janet's in the picture and trimmed it with a chanel trim. It is a mich bigger neck as the trim does not pull it in like the ribbing.

Sew the seams and trim a little if you wish and try it on.......
it is a fun top!

Nancy

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linda Flint[/QUOTE]Barb,
Did you reboot your computer? Most of the time this helps.

Yep, sure did right after installation. All programs closed virus and spyware software disabled. I may have to do an uninstall and a clean reinstall to see if that works.

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Dress Shop Essential Patterns for Girls

Posts: 21 | Location: Stranded at Grand Lake in NE Okla. | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post