New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raglan Sleeves
 Login/Join

posted
some days it doesn't pay to try to design

having trouble with raglan sleeves -- all my patterns that have raglan sleeves: dresses, blouses, activewear, loungewear

All seems fine when the design first appears but trying to select the sleeve only or going to the print screen creates a very different sleeve cap.

So don't just look at the design screen, look at the print screen, too, before you hit that print button and waste a lot of paper

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

having trouble with raglan sleeves -- all my patterns that have raglan sleeves: dresses, blouses, activewear, loungewear

All seems fine when the design first appears but trying to select the sleeve only or going to the print screen creates a very different sleeve cap.

So don't just look at the design screen, look at the print screen, too, before you hit that print button and waste a lot of paper

AAACk.....
my reaction to this post
1 user needs help
2 not enough detail to find what the heck shes talking about without more data
should I spend 2-3 maybe more hours trying to replicate.....
the question is what am I trying to replicate.
so is this regular raglan ?
or stretch raglan ?

whats happening to change the upper portion of the sleeve??
shape ?
length ?
cap ease ?

Are you altering necks and neck widths

I just checked three to see if something obvious jumped out at me. I saw no change from show all to print or to sleeve unless it was scale to print size ... expected.
Will not be able to invest several hours on a hunch of what the problem may or may not be..need information and details.

screen captures, problem report

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

-------------------

AAACk.....
my reaction to this post
1 user needs help
2 not enough detail to find what the heck shes talking about without more data
should I spend 2-3 maybe more hours trying to replicate.....
the question is what am I trying to replicate.
so is this regular raglan ?
or stretch raglan ?

whats happening to change the upper portion of the sleeve??
shape ?
length ?
cap ease ?

Are you altering necks and neck widths

I just checked three to see if something obvious jumped out at me. I saw no change from show all to print or to sleeve unless it was scale to print size ... expected.
Will not be able to invest several hours on a hunch of what the problem may or may not be..need information and details.

screen captures, problem report

-----------------

Ok -- I've sent in a problem report to Bob already --

ALL raglan patterns

I choose any of them and all looks fine on the design screen.

I click on sleeve to look at the sleeve and the top of the sleeve at the neckline changes from a proper curve to a high peak.

NO options, no changes, everything at default.

ALL raglan sleeves.

Yes I've restarted the program.

Thought I gave enough information because it happens to all the sleeves immediately upon leaving the initial design screen and it is very obvious.

Sorry for the confusion

Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which raglan? The darted one or the straight one. Mine seem fine with just a quick check at default going to the stretch raglan and regular raglan don't change from design to print.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The darted one or the straight one. Mine seem fine with just a quick check at default going to the stretch raglan and regular raglan don't change from design to print.

ok -- sorry bout this
not all raglan sleeves Roll Eyes but all raglan patterns that I own (I don't have Sew Quick yet but own all the rest). I did forget that raglan sleeves were available for some silhouettes -- I was thinking they were only available if it was included in the pattern name. Your question about the darted sleeve made something click.

so I guess that means all stretch raglan sleeves

it is definitely
Dresses: The Juliet
Blouses: Form Fit Raglan, Stretch Raglan
Activewear, Workout: Stretch Raglan Sweatshirt
Loungewear: Stretch Raglan Nightgown

It is ok when design first appears in the "show all" but click on sleeve and the top by the neck peaks out of shape. Click on "show all" again and it will be ok.

This would be workable if it were ok on the print screens but it is not. And it prints incorrectly as well.

I just checked and it is doing in my preview of the Sew Quick patterns as well.

It is happening in my measurement set and in standard measurement sets.

But as I said, I sent in a problem report this afternoon so maybe Bob will get to it tomorrow.

Gayle

Windows XP

posted Hide Post
Gayle, I see it also. I just looked at the raglin sweatshirt under leisureware. The sleeve is very symetrical on view all, but when you go to sleeve viewor the print sleeve pattern piece view, it is sloping on one side with a little jag.(whatever!)
Barb

Posts: 5 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see this too. But I did a quick run through and I am noticing it on all raglan sleeve patterns, like the loose jersey peasant blouse, and the other patterns that Gayle mentioned.

One problem report is sufficient, right? Or should anybody who sees this send in one?
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
Very good question.
Sometimes, one report is all that's needed and Bob fixes it and lets everyone know there is a problem and that it will be fixed next update or explains why it can't be quickly and gives us a workaround. That's good. We're all happy.

Other times, it is only after dozens of people have sent in about the same problem that there is any response. Often to the effect that Livingsof can't see any problem, users don't know what we're talking about, or Livingsoft don't intend to fix it. That's bad public relations and upsets everybody.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I ahve not been able to replciate the "flip" on the front neckline of the raglan sleeve on most of the articles shown using my chart or a series of other standard "test" charts. I replicated this with the sweatshirt.

The show all shows a nice level neckline, in print mode the frotn is considerably raised, not as it is depcited in show all.

Since we did not change this draft it's incidental to some other change and accidental.

Reported and beign looked at.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it is hard to believe but IF we can replicate it.one is enough.
its in the system..Its not 8am east coast time.it is replicated.
We wont be startto be working on it for at least 3 more hours..

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
IF a problem occurs due to a particular set of measurements and can not be replicated with our standard test charts .. you are right you see little action.

We can not fix what we can not see!

IF theres a hm whats right word..a pattern to the failed charts like an over wide across body measurement or a too high hip or something that causes the failure.then we can can suggest a fix involving fixing a specific measurement or group of measurements.

IF a yoke can not cut into the neckline for instance and what the user wants is a yoke that cuts into a neckline. No problem report is going to fix that.

A new drafting code is required.That involves the entire neck shaping.

No simple matter.

It not that we dont want a bug free program but what is one persons bug fix ( which may or may not be a bug at all) would wreck havoc for thousands.....a bug may be in user charts.not in drafting code.

First we try and replicate, if we cant we dont ignore it ut put it aside until we can see some sort of pattern evolve..then we look again.

and again and again......

I have never looked at a user complaint and said Hooey.Im not going to bother.

neither has Bob.

I always look....if the problem doesnt show up I have to wonder why not.

Thats why complainign on list without substantiating with real data goes a very short distance. We check out what the "complaint is".

if the users presumption of whats causing the "problem" isnt replciated.it is put aside..the presumption may be incorrect.

as in the case of the front yoke today. Sorry Im not pciking on the poster its just a handy example.....

IF the neckline can not be broken into.it cant be broken into.... at this time.

Thats the real cause to that problem.not the yoke wont draft...it will but within the parameters allowed.

a yoke low enough to come below the neck at center.

We draft by numbers.we need data to respond. its not working!doesnt give us anything to go by.

we need ..whats not working, where, which program, which version, which garment, what spot on the garment, by how much.

DS is HUGE...with loads of content , load of user interface, loads of tools, loads of options.....

Helping us help you by detailing where and what a problem is.gets us closer to goal.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
IF a problem occurs due to a particular set of measurements and can not be replicated with our standard test charts .. you are right you see little action.

We can not fix what we can not see! (snip)

Helping us help you by detailing where and what a problem is.gets us closer to goal.

Kaaren

There was a time when if we were having problems with a pattern using our own measurement set, we would try to duplicate it using "Test Size 22" and file a problem report using the test size, or use our own chart and state the problem was duplicated with the test size. ~ Diane

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post