Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pleated neckline
 Login/Join

posted
Ijust love my pleated top in DS. I was looking to see how to do this in MPD but can't seam to find it. Any hints.

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ijust love my pleated top in DS. I was looking to see how to do this in MPD but can't seam to find it. Any hints.

Pleated necks are a neckline type. See pattern #1126 and then see "Options - Necklines" for the pleated neck types and settings.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pleated neck or shoulder?

Pleated necks are selected in the neck option in the catalog. Would cost 1 pattern credit.Start with whatever bvlouse outline you desire I often use 112621 as the base.

There are also pleated neck items in Fall 10 if you dotn want to spend a patetrn credit- a pleated Neck Tee should do it.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a complete set of blouse patterns. I thought that would be included in the options as it is in DS

posted Hide Post
Actually when I typed in the 112621 it came up as a patter I owned, so thanks I found it

posted Hide Post
If you own unlimited blosues it does. Just change the neck to pleated in the catalog.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There you go......have fun
now 1 go to closure and make it no closure
then options> neckline
select radial or vertical pleated
the total take up and the numnber of desired pleats and the distance between them

default works very well.
Last thing - Dont sue waist darts interfers with the pleat hang.

There is an article in sewing articles on constructing tips.

if using stretch fabrics enter a small stretch factor- not too much
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info that was quite helpful. Do bust dart interfear with the way the pleats hang?

posted Hide Post
Not so much - the side and elegant darts seem to be mostly out of the way. I use the elegant angled dart all the time.

Just the waist darts can block and whack the pleats.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com