Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Organizing
 Login/Join

posted
Can we organize the daily messages by date so that we don't have to open every topic to see is someone has responded? There must be a way to do this because I can't imagine having to memorize the number of replies to each topic just to see if there is another response later on. I obviously need a guru to help me on this.

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are organized by date. There is a lightbulb by topics that have new posts. The most recent post, dated, is shown to the right.

The only thing is that they are organized first by thread. That's different.

If you set your notifications to send a copy of posts to your email, you will have something similar to the old system.

I'm not completely comfortable with the forums yet, but one thing I like about the threads is that you can pick up on something well into the discussion, then to back and read the whole thread to find out what has been discussed. I often missed that in the old system, because I would have deleted something, only to discover later that I wished I still had it.

Carolyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KellyLoftice:
Can we organize the daily messages by date so that we don't have to open every topic to see is someone has responded?

One thing you can do is go to Find, click on New Since Your Last Visit, or Today's Active Topics. Leave checked, or deselect, the box "Search current forum only." ~ Diane Day

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diane and Carolyn, thanks. In trying to reply to your responses, I was in Yahoo bowser. When I clicked on the Reply button at the bottom of the page, I got a shutdown error message, three times! I switched over to MIE and was able to get this reply to you. Weird, huh?

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post