Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

saving a pattern
 Login/Join

posted
I am new to this program DS 6.092 and I can not save a pattern that I drafted. Is there a way to save it as a separate file so that I can transport that Pattern? Whenever I press save nothing happens.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 14 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am new to this program DS 6.092 and I can not save a pattern that I drafted. Is there a way to save it as a separate file so that I can transport that Pattern? Whenever I press save nothing happens.

The program that you download from the Livingsoft website or install from a CD is a demo version when you first run it. You must activate it by entering a keycode you should received when you purchased. When you have your program activated, patterns may be saved. I am not clear from your post that yours is activated. You own Dress Shop 7.0. There is no version 6.092. So, perhaps you have not activated your program? Just guessing here...

If you are not certain you have activated your program, the easiest way is to:

1. Run Dress Shop.
2. Select Help - On The Web - Get my activation codes.
3. Enter the user name and password that you setup for your account when you purchased Dress Shop.

Your program will activate and patterns should then be savable and printable. If that is not the problem, please post again and we'll look for other issues.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have all ready activated your program ../ Patternsmay be saved by clicking file, save a pattern , here you can save it using a name of your choice to the My Patterns folder. To load this pattern later you need to go to File, load pattern. Click the Help button for additional details.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will try your suggestion

Ruth

posted Hide Post
I bought this program for school and the IT does not have the activation code. I put in the code that was given to me last year and it said that it was activated. I went to press save pattern and nothing came up. The patterns are printable but I can not put it into a file.

I will have another issue and that is I bought a lab pack (for a group) for this fall. What do I need to do to make sure the program will save the student's pattern?

Ruth

posted Hide Post
Please provide the registered user email address,which version of the program you are working with and which operating system your school is using. If you have the program networked it may be a matter of saving to the schools system and you might ask your IT.

When the pattern is on screen you have the option of saving the pattern using File> Save pattern. Different OS's supply slightly different "save as fields" for instance the Vista premium window is different from Win Xp . But the action is the same. You can 'save as' with a free form label to C Program files My Patterns.You may have to browse to that folder the first time. To load that pattern again you would go to File>Load pattern and the my pattern folder open and find the unique label you gave it. It will open in whatever size chart you have displayed at the time even if it is NOT the chart it was created with.
For further assistance with specifics contact support@livingsoftnw.com.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post