Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    A qu.estion regarding the Fit Customizer in DS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A qu.estion regarding the Fit Customizer in DS
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings!
I opened DS, put in my measurement chart, then loaded the Torso Sloper. I went to Fit customizer out of curiosity to see what the settings were.
What it showed: After pressing DEFAULT:

Bust ease: 7/8 7/8
waist ease: 0 0
Ab ease: 3 9/16 1 9/16
Hip ease: 2 0
Shoulder extension: 3/16 3/6
Sleeve cap ease: 1 1
bicep ease: 15/16 15/16
Back ease: 1/2 1

My question is: In order to cut the torso sloper, do you use what the fit customizer tells you or do you press the DEFAULT settings?

What is interesting, is on the drawn pattern, the abdomen is increased by 1" when the fit customizer indicates 3 9/16. Why is that?

Thanks,

Sandi A

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fit test- sloper - garments are fixed and you can not alter them
Please make up as is- as a base. Don't over think this. We thought it out very carefully. IT is NOT a wearable garment as is.IT is a test of your measurement chart and how it will react to actual garment drafts.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Kaaren!
That solves my mystery there!
Thanks again,

Sandi A

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post