Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pants fit question
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone tell me how I get rid of a small amount of bagginess which occurs just below my derriere in my fitted pants? If I push my bottom out very slightly the bagginess disappears and I have a lovely straight line down to the floor. I think it’s happening because my backside is very flat.

The pants fit really well everywhere else and I could live with this but wondered if anyone knew of a fix.

Thanks, Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can try the following
1 reduce back crotch extension ( modify body depth slightly)
2 use a little bit of center back waist darting if the waist back is loose at all.this will have a dramatic effect at center back
3 do use the 1/2 inch inseam ease to pull the bias a bit tighter
4 cfhange the curve break position. Depends on the fit but on any of these thigns trial by pulling, pinching pinnign first run a few basting stitches and see which fixes it.

if you take a tiny pinch pleat on the horizontal above the curve and that fixes everything you will want to slightly shorten back crotch length which will pull the curve into a different position.

My bet is the very last one will do it for you.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren,

I'll start on these suggestions ready for my next pair of pants.

Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post