Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Creating a CD for DS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Creating a CD for DS
 Login/Join

<liverpool>
posted
Is it possible to create a CD of the DS program to keep in case my computer crashes, or is it advisable to buy a current CD from Living Soft?
Also if it is possible to create one myself how big is the program?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can put the full download master on a cd if you want. It is condensed, so it will fit.

You will also want to save your my........ files as a backup. You can always get your activations from the web site, but you sure don't want to lose your measurements! Eeker If you have saved any patterns, make a copy of your My Patterns folder.

On the other hand, there is no real reason for a cd unless you can no longer connect to the internet. The full version of the program is always available from the web site.

You cannot just copy all the files. They have to be installed on a new pc. The only things you will need to copy are the ones mentioned in the 2nd paragraph.

Carolyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<liverpool>
posted
Thank you Carolyn, I just wanted to be prepared in case of any mishap with my computer.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post