Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Unable to 'buy' patterns with credit.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unable to 'buy' patterns with credit.
 Login/Join

posted
I have had Dress Shop and My Patern Designer for some time now and have used up some of my 'credits' buying patterns, but for the last for weeks or so I just get "unable to connect to Website".

I am at a loss to know why this is happening now after working for quite a long time initially. No major changed to my computer have taken place as far as I know. Would be grateful for some knowledgable advice.

Greymelkin (Joan)

Posts: 6 | Location: Berkshire, UK | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi Greymelkin,

Our system seems to be working correctly, at least for me. I'll pass this on to my technical support person and see if we can't find an issue. Will you please send in a Problem Report on this for me. Go to Help->Problem Report in MPD. This will not only help me with your configuration, but it will verify that you can send an email to us through our automated system.

In the mean time, if you wish to use one of your credits, please call our 800 number and we can handle this manually until we resolve the issue.

Sorry for the inconveniance,
Greg

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reply, Greg, will send in a problem report as you suggest. Greymelkin

Posts: 6 | Location: Berkshire, UK | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have at last solved this problem. After Bob and Greg had confirmed that everthing at LivingSoft was working I suspected that the glitch' was something to do with Internet Settings.

Examined Internet Option in Explorer and couldn't see any obvious changes, then thought I would try System Restore in Accessories, took the computer back to an earlier date, (6 weeks ago actually) and hey presto it did the trick.
I was able to use a 'credit' and buy a pattern.
Thanks for the help, Greymelkin

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have at last solved this problem. After Bob and Greg had confirmed that everthing at LivingSoft was working I suspected that the glitch' was something to do with Internet Settings.

Examined Internet Option in Explorer and couldn't see any obvious changes, then thought I would try System Restore in Accessories, took the computer back to an earlier date, (6 weeks ago actually) and hey presto it did the trick.
I was able to use a 'credit' and buy a pattern.
Thanks for the help, Greymelkin

Delighted to hear you got it working again. But, I'm afraid that nobody here knows what IE setting would make that feature not work right. I'm sure it is there. But, there are so many that we have not stumbled upon the one that would make purchasing patterns not work. If you or anyone else happens to notice which setting (probably in the IE - Tools - Internet Options - Security, Privacy, or Advanced menus) makes MPD not work fully, please do let us know.

We'll keep looking, too. Glad you are working again in any case...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post